53 ***

XXX

His otherness could sense the finality of this moment and he allowed it. He had been watching me. He perhaps knew me better than I knew myself. He knew what was to come. A god observing someone else's sapling bloom. A tool he helped create and would wield to his desire. And I would gladly let him use me to give my people the impossible dream of perfection. What came next had to be done.

The last of my turmoil passed and I felt the weight of something heavy rest upon my head. The weight of a crown; what had been in his other hand this whole time. Eversio stepped back and pulled a dagger from his belt. "With this blade, you will cut. You will cut down your enemies and all that seek to stop you from your goal. Today you will cut a god and yourself. We share our blood and seal this bargain. With this, you shall be made a queen in a world you were not born to."

He pressed the silver hilt of the dagger into my palm wrapping his fingers around mine and forcing the blade to his throat. With light pressure, we cut into his flesh just enough to draw blood. Pulling back the blade we moved to my throat using the same easy motion. The blade was sharper than any blacksmith I knew could whet, easily and almost painlessly slicing into my skin.

Without direction, I leaned into him licking up his clavicle to his throat drinking every drop that had fallen. His arms came around my waist hoisting me until I was inclined to wrap my legs around him to level out our heights. A clattering of metal against marble rang through the empty chamber as his other hand found purchase on my thigh.

His mouth descended on my throat greedily ravaging the cut we made. He began moving us until his back was against a pillar. He slumped against it using it for support while gradually descending until we were seated on the floor. It was then I felt him bite. Using his fangs that were sharper than mine he bit into me drawing out more of my blood than the blade had drawn.

Something in me snapped and I ground my hips down against him feeling his own hard aroused member. Moaning with need I rolled my waist causing him to groan into my neck. His hands became more curious exploring any part of me he could get ahold of. My skirt was shoved up and my blouse was ripped down. His mouth left my throat replaced by his hand sliding up it to grip the bottom of my chin forcing me to release and look him in the eye.

The seconds passed as we stared at each other. Waiting. That's what he was doing, he was waiting for something. His eyes shifted back and forth between my own. And then it happened. A rush of warmth swept over me causing my body to flush with heat. It filled me with energy I had never felt before. A grin captivated his face, his fanged smile stained by my blood. That smile fell on my lips soothing me into a kiss while my body was overcome by this new strange sensation that tingled from the tips of my fingers to my toes.

The taste of blood and arousal grounded me while my body processed these new senses that were entirely foreign to me. I wanted more of him. I wanted more of his blood. I wanted more of his power. Power, because that's what was now pumping through me stirring me on with new life and desire. Intoxicating me like a drug taking me higher and higher.

I grew rough with him- biting, teasing, scratching. Eversio took it all and returned just enough that it wasn't too much. It was exactly what I needed. I knew nothing about him and I didn't care. He was mine in this moment and all the other ones when I needed him the most. Watching from afar, desiring me to the depth of giving me a piece of his kingdom, making it a sanctuary for my people. With what he had offered me- it was the easiest choice to make. I would have given him anything he wanted.