Chapter 18: Proposal

"Ok...but what's with the Christmas lights?"

It's well past 9 in the evening when Josh enters his and Peter's one bedroom apartment. He wearily turns the key to his door and pushes it open to reveal utter darkness. "Peter?" He calls cautiously as he steps into pitch black, feeling for the light switch around the door frame. "Pete? You home?" 

"Wait a minute...wait there!" The panicked voice of Peter can be heard from the small kitchen. 

"Peter, what are you doing? I wanna change. I'm all smelly." Josh whines as he drops his gym bag on the floor, pulling at his clinging shirt, which was stuck to him slightly with sweat. 

All of a sudden, an array of fairy lights fill the darkness, with Peter now making an appearance with a bottle of wine and two glasses. He heads to the small table for two and places them down before proceeding to open the bottle and pour out two healthy glasses of white pinot grigio. 

"Peter...what is this?" Josh asks with a little trepidation as he slowly makes his way to the table, with Peter handing Josh a wine filled glass. 

"Can't I do something nice for my boyfriend?" Peter replies innocently as he taps the back of one of the chairs, encouraging Josh to take a seat. "I've made us dinner." He says smiling, entering the kitchen space again to tend to something in the oven. 

"Pete, you always make dinner. Why is tonight so special?" Josh suddenly furrows his brow in thought. Had he missed a special occasion? It wasn't Peter's birthday. Was it an anniversary? It has been five years already. "Is today important? Have I forgotten something?" Josh finally decides to ask. 

"No no. Nothing important. I just want to remind you how special you are. Can't I do that?" Peter says as he takes what looks like two spinach and goats cheese tarts from the oven. 

Josh just looks at Peter with suspicion. The last time he made this much effort was when he wanted to buy some limited edition trainers worth a packet that he had seen online. "If you want something, you just have to ask me Pete. I know money is tight, but I'm sure we can work something out."

"Hey, I don't want anything." Peter replies, now plating up the tarts before bringing them over. "As long as I have you." He adds with a smile, making Josh feel like a smitten kitten even if he was still sure there was an ulterior motive.

"Ok then...thanks." He says, looking at the food before him as he proceeds to pick up his fork and tuck in. 

Peter now does the same and the room goes quiet for a few minutes before Josh again drops his fork on the plate with a clatter, making Peter look up. "Ok...but what's with the Christmas lights?" 

"Jesus Josh! Can't I just do something nice?" Peter snaps back. "You're ruining it!" 

"Hey I'm just asking ok!" Josh snaps back, picking up his wine and drinking a couple of mouthfuls. 

"Ok, ok, if you wanna know so desperaly and can't wait, I'll tell you." Peter says defensively. He stands up, pushing the chair back, which makes a screech on the laminate floor. He heads into their bedroom, leaving Josh to stare in that direction at the doorway, with Peter returning moments later with a box...a small...black…Jewellery box. 

Josh's eyes instantly widen as he puts a hand to his mouth. 

"You're so impatient, do you know that?" Peter huffs as he gets down on one knee by Josh's chair. He can't resist a smile as he sees how Josh is reacting. This was good news. 

"Just say it. SAY IT!" Josh says, as he now cannot contain his excitement.

Peter slowly lifts the lid to reveal a black tungsten ring. "Joshua Barrett. I love you so much. Please will you be by my side forever? Marry me." 

Josh, who wasn't known for his overly feminine side, suddenly squeals like a girl as he cups his own cheeks. "Fucking hell Pete. Yes! Yes I will!" 

Peter laughs at his overexcited boyfriend, soon to be fiancé, as he takes out the black ring from the box and pulls Josh's hand towards his, carefully sliding the ring on the designated finger on his left hand. "I knew there was something up." Josh says, pulling Peter up a little from his kneeling position to give him a hug.

Peter holds Josh tightly in his grasp. "You weren't joking when you said you stink." He says pulling back slightly. 

"Well then." Josh says, catching Peter's gaze. "You know what you need to do…"

***

After a hurried dinner,  Josh and Peter are soaking in a bubble filled bath. Josh lays back on Peter's chest. His head resting on his shoulder, with Peter wrapping his arms around Josh's waist. "This has been the best day of my life. Thank you for saying yes." Peter kisses the top of Josh's slightly bubble covered head.

Josh holds Peter's arms either side of him. "Thank you for asking me...I was going to say about time."  he adds with a light laugh." 

Peter squeezes Josh tightly. He starts to kiss his neck, with Josh moving his head to the side, humming with bliss at the warm kisses caressing his skin.

Peter hears Josh's breathing change, getting slower and deeper. He continues to kiss his neck, as he slowly moves his hands down Josh's body, past his warm wet pecs, his soaped up abs, towards his thighs, just below the water's surface, finding Josh's penis, already semi aroused. He starts to play with it in his hands as he continues to enjoy Josh's neck, gently sucking the soft skin.

Josh begins to moan, enjoying the sensation of Peter's touches. He squeezes Peter's arms, still laying on his chest. He can feel Peter's arousal beginning to grow beneath him. Josh reluctantly pulls himself away from Peter, moving around to face him. He holds his hands out to his fiancé, who takes them as he also gets pulled to standing. Holding hands, they both step out of the bath, where Josh guides Peter in front of the mirror by the sink. 

Peter looks at himself and can see Josh looking at him in the reflection right behind his shoulder. "Do you want to watch?" Josh smirks before grabbing the nearby supplies and squeezing some onto his fingers. "Don't take your eyes off me." He commands. 

Peter eagerly nods, "Y...yes." he stutters, finding it difficult to be patient for what was coming next. Josh begins to work his magic fingers on Peter, making him instantly gasp as he grabs the edge of the sink. Josh starts to play, watching the expression on Peter's face, one of intense pleasure. That control, that power when he sees Peter's blissed out face in the mirror. He could see why Neil revelled in it that time….Why was Josh even thinking about that now? He hadn't seen Neil for years, but the memory still turned him on. 

"More…I want more." Peter speaks in between moans, bringing Josh's attention back to the man in front of him, Peter. His Peter. 

Josh removes his fingers and lubes himself up,  positioning himself ready, grabbing on tightly to Peter's hips as he slowly pushes deep inside.

Peter moans loudly, closing his eyes. "Ahhhmmm"

"Eyes on me." Josh reminds him. Peter opens his eyes and watches Josh by his left shoulder, who is thrusting into him, slow and deep. 

He holds Peter's waist, squeezing him tight, probably leaving finger marks and even though he has told his lover to look, Josh finds his own eyes closing, thinking...thinking about Neil. No no, don't...don't think about that piece of shit!. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!"  He curses as he opens his eyes, needing to focus on Peter, who is still watching him.

"Enjoying yourself?"  Peter grins, amidst the thrusts. Josh just looks on, panting and moaning, but Peter is not satisfied with the response. "Tell me how you feel...Tell me you love me." 

All Josh can do is express the odd word in between each thrust and moan. "I...I...can't take...I'm cumming, oh...ohhh… shit." Josh comes deep inside Peter. His penis pulsing inside him as his thoughts are filled with guilty pleasures of forbidden thoughts. He pushes hard into Peter's backside.

"Fuuck." Peter comes all over the sink and part of the mirror "Aaaahh fuck!" 

Josh smiles out of the corner of his mouth, continuing to thrust deep a few more times before stilling. He slowly pulls out, with Peter turning around to give Josh the most passionate and love filled kiss he can muster. "What is it with you and mirrors?" Peter utters under his still slightly laboured breath. 

Josh just laughs in response. Some things are best kept to yourself.