Chapter 24: Temptation

"You are into guys right?"

The bar is getting busy and Josh has to wait a while before being served. He decides to check his phone while he waits. He sees a message from Peter, reminding him to behave himself. Josh sighs to himself sending 'halo' emojis in response. 

"Hey. Hey." 

Josh is suddenly aware of someone calling. He looks to his left and sees someone staring at him. "Josh, right?" 

Josh looks at the person a little confused. "Yeah?" 

The man had his hair swept back. He was wearing a choker with a navy blue suit, holding a glass with some kind of spirit in. The guy sees the look of confusion on Josh's face and gives him a prompt… "Stewart. We met at the careers fair." 

Josh's eyes widened. "Oh right, Hi. I'm sorry I didn't recognise you." He gestures to Stewart's face. "No glasses."

Stewart approaches Josh as he swings his bar stool in the direction of the new face. "Yeah, my true identity is revealed."

"You're Superman."

"What?" Stewart questions. Furrowing his brow, 

"Clark Kent. No glasses, Superman." Josh shouts over the noise of the bar. 

"Oh yeah, right." Stewart says, chuckling at the nerdish comment. He clears his throat. "So, how's the job search going?" 

"It's going ok. I've done all I can for now." Josh shrugs. "Just hope I hear something back. You?"

"The same really." Stewart sighs. "I guess we just have to wait." 

Just then, the bartender finally approaches Josh, after what felt like forever. "What can I get you?" He says, looking in the direction of Josh. 

Stewart steps in before Josh can say anything. "Please let me get this. What will you have?" 

Josh is taken aback. He shakes his head. "No, no, I can get my own drink." 

Stewart insists. "Don't be silly. It shows I don't bear grudges when people crash into me." 

Josh looks down, feeling slightly embarrassed, remembering their first encounter. "Whisky please." he says under a smile. 

Stewart looks to the bartender, giving a nod. Soon a whisky appears before him. "Thank you." Josh replies and takes a sip. 

"Are you here alone?" Stewart asks as he takes a sip of his own spirit.

"No. My friend is out there somewhere?" Josh looks at the dancefloor, wondering if Simon is still actually on it or elsewhere, having his needs met.

Stewart sits down on an empty bar stool, exhaling a sigh. "I was meant to meet my friend, but he quit on me at the last minute. Thought I'd come out anyway. I was all ready to go." 

"Keep me company if you like." Josh suggests. 

"I might just take you up on that." Stewart replies, holding up his glass halfway for Josh to 'clink'

As the night progresses, Josh relaxes more, getting to know Stewart a little better. He doesn't realise how much he had missed a good night out... and doesn't keep tabs on his drinking. A few more whiskeys and Josh is being led to the dancefloor by Stewart. He starts to feel the beat of the music, closing his eyes and holding his hands in the air. 

Suddenly, he feels two hands wrap around his waist from behind. He leans back into the body holding him. Just enjoying the moment. He feels warm kisses on his neck. He begins to enjoy the sensation before something snaps in his mind.