Chapter 42: The handsome stranger

"Why are you talking to me right now?"

Josh, Neil and Simon sat silently around the kitchen table, staring at the rather unassuming phone laying in the centre of it.

"There's no other numbers on it. I've checked." Simon says as he pulls the phone towards him to once again light up the screen before dropping it back on the table. He looks up at the other two laughing. "We are all I.T people. Surely we can trace something between us?"

"It's just easier to ask you who gave it to you." Josh replies. "Was it Pete?" He asks cautiously, not knowing how he would react if it were the man.

"Give me some credit Josh." Simon says rather put out by the suggestion. "I know he's a messed up son of a bitch but I also know you loved him....once." He glances at both him and Neil. "And it's really not my phone before you ask again. Jesus! Do you even know me?"

"I'm sorry Simon." Josh says with remorse.

"So tell us Simon. Who were you with last night?"

Simon folds his arms and looks up to the ceiling. "Well..."

***

"By yourself tonight hun?" Jojo enquires as she fulfils Simon's order of one beer.

"I tried to get Josh to come out with me but you know, he's all loved up and sensible now." Simon rolls his eyes as he pulls the beer towards him, taking his first sip of the night.

"Ah yes. Well it seems dreams do come true for some people." Jojo sighs as she rests a hand on the counter. "So, do you think this time it's happily ever after?"

Simon laughs at the idea. "Jojo it fucking needs to be because I don't think anyone can take much more of his love sickness and pining for the guy, but at least Neil actually seems to feel the same."

"Such a handsome catch." Jojo comments, looking into the distance at the thought of the dark haired boss. "Well if Josh gets bored...."

"Yeah, you and the rest." Simon responds with a laugh.

Jojo smiles before focusing her attention at the job in hand, which was serving the handsome guy about to approach. "Lemme guess hun, here to meet someone." She says, raising a penciled eyebrow. "Someone as hot as you is no way single. You're just here to make the rest of us look ugly."

"Speak for yourself." Simon interjects. 'I have my assets...they're just not my face."

"I feel like I'm intruding on something." The new handsome face says as he leans forward slightly on the bar, looking at the pair.

"Depends on whether you're single." Jojo says, with invested interest as she also leans in a little closer, meeting him halfway.

"Well..." the handsome stranger says with a chuckle. "You are gorgeous, but...."

"Not your type. Ok what are you having?" She cuts the man off mid sentence as she stands up straight and crosses her arms.

"Same as him....please." the guy feeling in fear of his life of the landlady.

Soon there are two beers resting on the bar, with Simon and the sexy stranger left alone. Simon looks up to see the man look a little warily at Jojo. "Her bark is worse than her bite." Simon says with a smile as the guy now turns to look at him.

"Oh, yeah I'm not worried." The man forces a reassuring smile. Simon takes it all in.

"She was right though...about you having the gift of a handsome face." Simon gestures toward the man's face with a finger, with the rest of the hand clutching onto his pint glass. "Are you actually meeting someone?"

"No," the man says looking down, a little embarrassed with a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Ah come on! Do you think I'm an amateur? You know you've heard it a hundred times before, about how hot you are and you've probably pulled that fucking cute face before too. You don't need to do that with me. Say the word, I'll fuck you, or maybe I'll let you fuck me." He says, as he casually sips his beer, not taking his eyes off the man.

The man's face changes in an instant, with it now adopting a serious expression. "It would be my first time."

"Bullshit!" Simon replies, now facing the guy head on. "Look around you. This place is full of hungry wolves looking for prey. You could have anyone in here. Why are you talking to me right now?"

The man sighs. Before reaching a hand forward and slowly but forcibly cupping Simon's crotch, making him hitch a breath. "You want to know why I want to fuck you right now, why out of all these people, I choose you?"

"Mmhm." Simon breathes out, the contact instantly making him think of only one thing.

"Because you look the most desperate and I'm on a schedule." He replies. 'Am I wrong? If I'm wrong, I'll let go."

"No...you're not wrong." Simon utters, his mind now solely on the feel of the palm rubbing him through his jeans....