Chapter Three

Riley's POV

I met up with Sarah in U.S. History, and she caught me up on what they were learning. My old school was a little behind, but she just gave me notes so I could catch up. In my math class, I had already learned what the teacher was teaching, so I decided to talk to some of the kids around me. They mostly had just asked where I'm from, my name, any hobbies, just the basics.

Ms. Boutchie, my History teacher, put us in pairs so we could do this project of a major event of our choice. We have to make a timeline of events that lead up to the event, a map of where it happened, meaning what states, and we have to write a four page paper about it. "Alright students, I already have your partners picked. Nick, you're with Will. Sam, Ashley. Jess, Kate. Sarah, Derrick." I started to space off, and waiting for my name to be called. "Riley, with Brooke. Brooke please raise your hand so Miss Anderson knows who you are."

I mentally thanked the teacher for doing that, I had no clue who Brooke was. It took me about 30 seconds to look around to find this girl. She ended up being behind me to the right. When I saw who it was my eyes pretty much popped out of my head. It was the girl from my first period, she was giving me this big smile, the whole time I was walking to her seat.

There's a couple more things you should know about me, almost my whole life I've known I was gay. I've had a couple girlfriends in Arizona, all of which turned out pretty bad; with them going back to a guy, or just making a joke out of the relationship. So since then, I've been single, and cautious of any relationships.

"Riley?"

"Hmm?"

"Did you hear what I said?" Oh, she was talking? I probably turned a bright red because, there she went, giggling again. The laugh is going to be stuck in my head the whole day.

"Sorry, I guess I spaced out. What did you say?"

Her smiled looked like it got bigger, if that's even possible. "I asked if you were free after school this week and on the weekend to do this project. It would be best if we got most of it done soon, rather than later." She stared into my eyes the whole time she said that. What's with her and staring into eyes? Or maybe it was just me over thinking it.

"Uh, yeah, I have to unpack a bit more and I have to practice, but before or after that would be fine."

"I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say you play soccer?" Her teeth were so straight, she must have had braces at some point. Now that I'm sitting right next to her, I can see a little scar on her chin, about as long as half of my pointer finger. I let out a light laugh.

"Been playing since the 4th grade. By the looks of it, you also play soccer."

"Mhmm, goalie for the varsity team since my freshman year."

"You must be a pretty good goalie." I gave her a sideways grin.

"Pretty good? Oh I'm more than pretty good. If you're interested, my last period is a free period, if you want to see just how good of a goalie I am." I hadn't noticed until her last few words that she was only a couple inches away from my face.

The next thing I knew she was at the front of the class, as was everyone else, the bell must have rung.

Lunch was a breeze, I sat with Sarah and her friends. A couple were in my past classes, but I didn't really pay much attention. In fact, for the rest of the day I didn't really pay much attention. Sports medicine was super easy, I know everything there is to know about injuries. P.E was boring, I didn't have any clothes to change out in. So I had to watch the class play dodge ball. The plus to that P.E class is Blondie has it also. Not to sound too creepy, but I did watch her most of the time.

She caught me a couple times, but was into the dodge ball game. The minutes went by quick, and the bell rang. I had to quickly drive home so I could grab my soccer gear, all of it was already in my blue Adidas bag.

It took me a second to figure out where the soccer fields were. I don't see how I missed them this morning, they are to the left of the school, can't miss them.

I jumped out of my 2000 Black Ford Mustang and jogged to the fields. I looked around, and found Brooke sitting on the bleachers on the far side of the field. She must have noticed me because she hopped down the stairs and to me.

"There you are Anderson, I was worried you had ditched me for someone better." Does she ever stop smiling?

"Sorry, I had to drive home real quick and get my gear."

"It's okay, I was just messing with you. You didn't have an extra bag with you this morning, so I guessed you didn't have anything with you."

She jogged into the goal nearest to us and started stretching. I sat down on the first set of bleachers and put on my shin guards, plain white Nike soccer socks, and my new Nike Hypervenom Phantom II SG-Pro iD in white. I had changed clothes at my house, black running shorts and a white Nike t-shirt.

I grabbed my Nike Ordem 2 soccer ball, and started dribbling over to Brooke. I started of with just passing it to her, so I could warm up. Slowly, I started shooting the ball, harder and harder.

"I'm surprised Anderson, you're not too bad."

"You can call me Riley."

"Hmm, but I like the sound of Anderson, makes me sound professional." I busted out laughing, professional? By saying my last name instead of my first?

"Okay okay, it wasn't that funny Riley, keep shooting, I hope you can do better than what you've been shooting." I like when she says my name, I've never really liked my name that much, but her saying it makes it sound 100 times better.

"You asked for it Brooke." She wanted me to shoot better? She doesn't know what she's asking for.

I step back a couple steps, and look back up to her, she just has this smirk on her face. "You really think you can make a shot from the 18 line?" She called.

I just ignored her, shaking my head and prepared to take a shot. I was aiming for the left post, and low, so she'd have to dive to get it. Most goalies don't like to dive. I stepped back and kicked through the ball. My aim was a little off and I ended up hitting the post. Great, now she probably thinks I'm a bad shot.

"I told you, you're not gonna make it." Once again ignoring her, I jogged to get the ball, that had bounced off of the post and shot left, stopped just short of the team benches. I got back to the line, and took a deep breath, I thought of my mom. Thinking of her always makes me work harder, think harder, and want to be better.

I stepped back, and hammered the ball far right this time, hoping she wouldn't expected it. She dived for the hard ball, she misplaced her dive, and the ball hit her in the face. Her body hit the floor, her arms covering her face. It didn't look like she was moving.

Authors Note

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third chapter done! It was pretty long, and you got to meet the blonde from English! I hope you enjoy, vote, comment ideas or your thoughts. Tell your friends, and read on!