Chapter Forty

10 Years Later
(A Letter To Brooke, from Riley)

Ten years ago today you died. It doesn't even feel like that long. But not a day goes by where I don't miss you.

You were the greatest person I knew, and you taught me things no one else could have. The years passing your death were hard, but I managed.

I dreamt about you frequently for the longest time. Always telling me never to give up on the things I love, and don't let this ruin my life.

I'll always thank you for changing me. My life could have gone a totally different route. I know that if you were still here today, we would still be together.

But you're not, and I knew you would want me to move on, it took me almost 8 years, but I did.

I'm married to this amazing woman, and I love her so much, words wouldn't be able to describe. She knows about you, and she understands that you'll always be my first love.

I will never forget you Brooke. When you first died, I had to keep pushing myself to get up, do things. It was like my feelings were gone, and I was a robot.

My school work dropped, but I never failed a class, I knew you would yell at me if I did.

I stopped doing a lot of things, but I never stopped playing soccer. It was the thing that we shared and loved so much, almost as much as we loved each other. It reminds me of you, and even though you aren't in the goal, you're always with me.

Because of you, I'm making it onto the Women's National Team. I didn't give up soccer.

I replay the memories we had, and a lot of them had something to do with soccer. So I continued.

Because of you, I'm a better person. I cannot say it enough, but Brooke, you made me into a better person.

And for that, I will always Play for You.

I love you Brooke, forever and always.
-Riley

Authors Note
----------------

The story is over, and I know a lot of you didn't think it would go the way it did, but I had planned it from the beginning. I thank you all for reading my story and I hope you really did enjoy it. This was just a closing chapter, so you guys know what happened to Riley after everything. Thank you all so much! I hope you loved this story as much as I did. I'm sorry it took me so long to finish.