Chapter Thirty Five

Riley's POV

I was awaken by the front door opening and closing. I tried to get up, but my arm was under a sleepy Brooke.

She started shifting, and her eyes slowly opened. "Was that the door?"

"Yeah. I think it's my dad, let me check." Brooke moved so I could regain my arm and I quietly got up, wondering where my dad was all night.

He was talking, to someone? Not on the phone though, someone was in the house with him. "My daughter Riley, she's probably still asleep right now, let me just change real quick and we will be on our way."

Who is my dad talking to?

I walk into the living room rubbing my eyes. "Dad?"

He comes out of his room with someone on his heels. It was a woman.

"Riley. I-I didn't know you were awake. Did I wake you?"

"Who's that." I wasn't going to answer him, I wanted to know who she was.

He turned around to look at the middle aged woman. When he turned back he spoke.

"This is Cynthia. We've been- seeing each other for a while now." He's been dating?

"Is that why you've barely been home?" Before he could give me a poor excuse, Brooke walked it.

When she walked in she instantly regretted it, she had walked into an awkward family situation.

"Mr.Anderson... How are you! You're looking great, is that a new shirt?" She's such a smartass.

Dad looked pissed. "Brooke spent the night? You know I don't like when girlfriends spend the night!" He was starting to raise his voice.

"Really dad?! At least I brought my girlfriend home to meet you. You know her! I'm not sneaking around with some girl! At least I've been home at all!" He looked hurt but I could care less. Everything I said was true and he couldn't deny it.

"I didn't want you to meet her yet Riley. I was afraid you would be mad or think I was replacing your mom. I would never do that, I just wasn't ready for you to meet Cynthia, it's a slow relationship." His expression softened.

"Dad, I want you to be happy. You haven't been happy since mom."

He walked up to me and embraced me in a hug. "I want you to be happy too sweetie. I'm glad you are."

When we split apart I walked up to Cynthia and held out my hand.

She was a beautiful woman, soft eyes. She had a big smile on her face, and shook my hand.

"I have a son a bit younger than you are."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All four of us talked for hours. Cynthia was a caring lady, who is great for my father.

She's very accepting too, she doesn't care that I'm gay. She asked a lot about school and the things I like to do.

My dad even invited her to soccer games whenever they happen. With school coming to an end, it will be next school season.

She even wanted to get to know Brooke, since she was the biggest thing in my life.

With all of this happening, my dad completely forgot to ground me for having a girl over, especially since we did have sex last night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks have past since I first met Cynthia, and the summer is already half over. The three of us, me, my dad, and Cynthia, and sometimes her son, hang out.

Often we all go out and eat, her son, which I've found out his name is Lucas, loves soccer too. He wants to play next season.

Almost everyday I hang out with Brooke too, if she's not busy. We've grown so close these past few weeks.