Chapter Thirty One

Brooke's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The couple days we got off of school I mostly spent at my house. Riley came over, but I wasn't really in the mood to talk to anyone.

I mostly thought about Em. I thought about myself, and what would happen it I came out, again? I guess technically I'm already out, but I ran back in.

I just haven't been in the mood to talk to anyone really. I've been in my own little world.

Today is the last day before school. We're only going to school for a day this week.

Even that I think is too much for me. Riley's planning on coming over today, we'll most likely just watch a bunch of movies.

I need to start focusing on school more. Junior year is almost over and senior year is gonna speed by.

A knock on the door took me out of my thoughts.

I yelled for them to come inside, and I wasn't surprised when I saw Riley.

"You okay Brooke?"

"Yeah, just tired. That's all. What movies are we gonna watch today?"

"It's up to you. Let's just check out what Netflix has and we'll go from there." Riley plopped down onto the couch next to me.

Once we picked the movie, more like she picked the movie, Riley went to the kitchen to get both of us drinks.

Riley walked back in and automatically started talking.

"So you do the club soccer team right? So what do you do when high school soccer is over. We are in state you know. We lose one game and we're done. What after?" I really thought about her question for a second.

I love soccer I do, but once high school soccer is over, I don't take it as seriously during club.

Soccer isn't a career for me. I'm probably not even going to do club. I had my final answer to her question.

"I'm gonna wait until next soccer season. Something to look forward to senior year."

Riley had a questioning look on her face.

"No club?" I shook my head and looked back at the TV.

I think she decided not to push and ask why I'm not.

"Will you at least go to my games?" She plopped her butt next to me and handed a water over.

"Of course I'm going to. Don't even question that!" I leaned my head onto her shoulder.

I didn't see her face, but I knew she had a smirk.

After watching a couple crappy movies my mood surprisingly brightened.

"Let's go do something, rather than sit around on our last day off." I immediately stood up and grabbed her hand, attempting to pull her off the couch.

She gave me a wide smile. "Sure! I honestly don't think I could've watched another shitty movie."

"Whatever, you know you secretly like them." Riley rolled her eyes and grabbed her things.

Without turning around she yelled over her shoulder, "I'm driving and picking the place."

Now I was the one to roll my eyes and swiftly follow her footsteps.

The sun bounced off Riley's brunette hair as she hopped into her car without looking to see if I was actually following.

After I finally jumped into the car I started laughing. "You know you're kind of demanding, you know that?"