Chapter Thirty Three

Riley's POV

Today was the day. It's the semi finals. I've never been this nervous playing a game in the playoffs. I mean I've done it twice before.

Maybe it's because it's a whole new team. I've played with these girls all season though.

All of the girls had to get to the school about 4 hours earlier, so here I am at 7:30 in the morning on a Saturday driving to my school.

This is too early for a game. It's an away game because the school we are versing is a higher rank than us.

Of course their school has to be two hours away. Our coach wants us to get at least a good hot and a half of warming up before the game. He really wants us to win.

Hell I want us to really win. My freshman year was the only time my team won state. I wasn't at my full potential like I am now.

I've heard a lot about the team we are facing today. Their called River Valley, and undefeated. After this game, they won't.

The bus was ready by the time I got to the school, it didn't look like any of the girls were on it yet, so they're probably in the locker room.

I slightly jogged to the locker room, really not wanting to get yelled at for being a couple minutes late.

Everyone looked tired. Like they partied last night and now hungover tired. I warned all of them not to party before a game like this.

I heard Brooke call my name, so I decided not to be a dick towards my teammates before the game, maybe after I will.

"Good morning!" Did I forget to mention Brooke is a morning person?

"Mornin..." I sat down next to her.

"Oh come on, you've got to be excited about this game. You look like all he other girls."

"I didn't go out and party last night unlike them." I silently scolded the half asleep girls.

Our conversation was cut short by our coach.

"Girls! Wake up! This is our game. Now, take a small nap on the bus ride, but you girls better be wide awake and ready to play this game. I don't want to lose this one!" He clapped his hands and everyone slowly got up and headed towards the bus.

Brooke and I sat together, we were listening to music off of her phone.

About 30 minutes into the ride Brooke put her legs over mine and leaned into my shoulder.

It was nice to just sit here with her, without talking. Girls around us were talking, but we both were silent.

I didn't mind her laying on me. And I think after a while she fell asleep.

The whole ride there she had slept. I dozed off every once in a while, but with the girls being so loud it was hard to sleep.

Within no time we were at River Valley. I'll admit, they had a beautiful soccer field. Even the other girls were amazed.

"Go get ready everyone. Meet me on our side of the field in 20 minutes! If you're not there you're all running." I silently saluted to my coach.

We always did the same warm up routine, but this time we added a few things. I always listen to music to pump me up before a match. On Spotify there's this playlist called 'big game workout' and I listen to he same songs every time.

We stretched first, I made sure I slowly stretched all of the muscles in my body.

I was in my own little world. I focused on my shots. Aiming at each corner of the goal.