Chapter Eleven

Riley's POV

I woke up this morning tired and worn out. I had about an hour and a half until I had to go to school. This is the first time since I moved here that I dreaded going to school. I didn't really want to see Brooke.

I ended up texting Drew couple times last night, and we plan on hanging out sometime this week. I hop into the shower really quick, I'm planning on letting my hair dry and not straighten it. It has a natural wave to it, which is going to look good with my outfit today.

After finishing my shower, I walk up to my closet, and pulled out a beautiful halter neck floral slim flare dress. I grabbed my white braided flip flop flat sandals off of my shoe rack and put them on. I stumbled down the stairs to see my dad had already made breakfast.

"Hey Sweetie, hungry?" He gave me he kind smile.

"Of course, but I'm gonna be late, so can you make it to go?" I giggled, he hated it when I don't sit down and eat a proper breakfast.

"Fine, but get up earlier if you can't have time for breakfast, it's the-"

"The most important meal of the day, yeah yeah. Thanks dad!" I grabbed the paper towel off the counter, it held two pancakes with scrambled eggs in the middle. Dad and I made up the pan-sandwich a couple years ago when we were gonna be late to school.

The made up food kind of just stuck, and now every time I have to leave before breakfast, he makes me one.

I jogged out the door with my backpack, my soccer gear, my keys, and my breakfast. I popped the drunk, threw my gear and backpack in the back, then raced off to school.

Sarah, Jade, Hope, and Stacy were waiting outside of Sarah's car as I parked right next to them.

"Girl, what took you so long!" Jade spoke with sass.

"Sorry, it took longer to get ready then expected."

"You do look quite cute today, who are you trying to impress?" Sarah wiggled her eyebrows. I groaned, not again with this.

"She's totally trying to get Brooke's attention, we all saw it yesterday Riley, you have a thing for her." I turned my head towards Stacy.

"Nothing is going to happen between me and Brooke, she came over yesterday and told me she was straight and planning on dating that guy she was with at the mall." They all gave me these looks that I couldn't comprehend.

"You're so oblivious sometimes Anderson, she came over to tell you she was 'straight', that doesn't seem so convincing. She's probably just dating that guy to make you jealous." Sarah stated.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't think so, she made it pretty clear that nothing is gonna happen between me and her. Besides, Drew and I are planning on hanging out sometime this week."

"Maybe Brooke is trying to pray the gay away." Hope quickly intervened. We all stared at her stupidly.

"Girl, you are sooo dumb!" yelled Jade.

"Drew is my friend and all, but she is kind of a hoe when it comes to relationships. She can't keep one, I don't know if it's a good idea to hang out with her, I don't want you to get hurt." Sarah put her hand on my shoulder.

"It was kind of obvious she was a flirt, just by the way she gave me her number. I'm not gonna go serious or anything with her, we are just gonna hang, that's it." They all mumbled a 'mhmm'. Before anyone could say anything else, the bell rang telling all of us it was time to go to class.

I quickly walked to my English class, sat down, and got all of my things. Right as I glanced up, Brooke walked into the room and sat in her seat. My eyes followed her the whole time she walked to her seat. The funny thing was, she was staring back, the whole time.

She was the first one to look away, so she could also get her things out. She looked beautiful today, scratch that, she always looks beautiful, but something abut her today made her more.... sexy.

Oh god, did I just think that? I shouldn't think that, she's my friend. We're just friends. I glanced back over to her, but got caught by her piercing blue eyes. I saw her eyes roaming my body, then looking back into my eyes.

I smirked; Her cheeks turned bright red, and she looked forward again. I just caught her checking me out, what was that all about?

Brooke was wearing simple dark blue, torn jeggings, black combat boots, a simple white shirt, and a black leather jacket. Like I stated before, she looked hot. To top it all off her hair was curled, and she looked amazing with her hair curled.

The blonde haired girl didn't look my way the rest of the period. You know the drill, the bell rang, we went to our next class, that class ended then we went to the next. Each class was boring as hell, but I had a couple of my friends in most, and Brooke in multiple classes.

Our history teacher decided to give us the period to work on our projects, which meant I was going to have to talk to Brooke. I glanced over to Brooke's seat, her expression was unreadable, she in fact, was hard to read.

I got up and walked towards the goalie, and sat down next to her. "Hey." I was the first one to talk.

"Hi." she squeaked out.

"I think we should meet up this weekend to work on this, since it's due next Friday and we have practice everyday." She just nodded in response.

"You look pretty today Riley." I knew she meant what she said, the way she said it, it gave me chills.

"You look hot today too." I blurted out. Did that just come out of my mouth?

She looked down into her lap, and let out a light laugh. Just the laugh itself made me dizzy hearing it. "Thank you."

We got to working on our project, deciding 'The Great Depression' as our major event.

2 Days Later

Soccer practice was finally over. Today was the hottest day this week, so we were all exhausted after. Brooke jogged over to me. "Hey!" Why was she in such a good mood?

"Hey, what's up?"

"Are you ready for Friday?!" Friday was our first game of the season.

"Hell yeah I'm ready for Friday, we're gonna kick some ass! What are you doing tomorrow after practice?" I was wondering if she was gonna stay and work with the coach.

"Uh, I'm-I have a date." My throat felt like it was closing. A date? She did say she might end up dating that guy from the mall. But my stomach still felt like it was inside-out. I kept my face blank, looking forward, not showing any emotion.

"What about you?" She glanced in my direction. "I have a date also." She stopped in her tracks, I stopped also, and turned her way.

Jealousy was plastered on her face. "With who?"

"A girl named Drew."

"Oh..." And just like that the jealousy was gone, and she kept walking. I almost questioned myself, did I actually see jealousy on her face, or was I imagining it?

We walked in silence the rest of the way to the parking lot, not even a goodbye was said.