Chapter 17: Real in Rio

"All the birds of a feather!"

Music.

"Ooooh"

Laughter.

"Do what we love most of all!"

Dancing.

"Oooh"

Hues of red, yellow, blue, green, and more splashed in the branches of the forest, bringing the Blu Conservation Center to life. Wings moving in unison to one rhythm.

"Moon and the stars,"

Talons thumping on branches to the beat, shaking the forest with the power of samba.

"Strumming guitars,"

Birds of different species all danced along to the same song that rang through the leaves. Celebrating their home in unison.

"That's why we love Carnaval!"

Birds took flight into the air, making designs and swirls against the pale blue sky. Time had passed since the events of Blu's bird napping, and things changed. Linda stayed with Tulio in Rio and even took that smuggler kid, whose name would later be known as Fernando, to build a wildlife conservation center, naming it after the famous blue macaw who escaped the jaws of death so narrowly. (Y/N) and Blu settled into their new lives and quickly got accustomed to the ways of the jungle. Almost as if they were always meant to be there.

"Loving our life in the jungle" Jewel sang proudly, soaring through the air. Her pale blue wings almost blended in with the sky above, and her eyes glowed as bright as the sun. "Everything's wild and free!"

"Never alone" Blu joined in, swooping next to his beloved. The two flew in place, happily looking at one another with love and adoration.

"Cause this is our home," a tiny voice joined in with the singing and three tiny blue macaws flew up beside their parents. "Magic can happen for real! In Rio!"

The family took off, gliding through the trees. Toucans swayed in the trees, storks tangoed in the water, and not a bird was left out of the great carnival of the jungle. Life and joy were pulsing through the air, it was almost intoxicating. Everyone sang together, as one, "All by itself, by itself! You can't see it coming, you can't find it anywhere else!"

A heavy red cardinal swooped down slyly, a wide grin on his face "I'm the capoeira king-a king-a king-a king-a king-a!" He flew through the line of storks in the water, bobbing his head to the beat. "Birds like me cause I'm a hot wing-a, Pedro hot-a-wing-a!"

Pedro flew up to one of the branches, where Nico was leading (Y/N) in a salsa dance. Nico's sweet voice rang clear through the trees. "Here everybody loves samba,"

"I like the samba!" Pedro chimed in, wiggling his body to the groove.

"The rhythm you feel in your heart!" Rafael joined, singing from a tree where he was nestled with his lovely wife and children.

"I'm the samba master!"

"Beauty and love, what more could you want?" (Y/N) sang, doing a cross-body turn with Nico. The rhythm flowed through them with ease, their footsteps in constant coordination with one another. They always knew what the other was going to do next, and their trust in each other was undying.

"Fantasy can be for real! In Rio!" The two canaries sang, yellow and (color) feathers parallel to one another as they flew into the air, never missing a beat from one another. The macaw family followed them right after, with Pedro right behind. "Here's something else! (Something else)"

"You just feel it happening" They all sang together, Linda and Tulio in a hang glider soaring in the sky next to them all. "You won't find it anywhere else!"

They all flew towards the sunset, basking in the love and new life of Rio.

A/N: wow. it's finally finished. Years and years of writing, starting this book at the beginning of eighth grade and finishing it as a senior. This story grew with me, and I'm so glad to finally be able to mark it as "Completed."

Thank you, everyone, for your relentless support for this. Without you, this chapter would never be here today, so give yourself a round of applause. Now, I'm not saying there won't be a sequel, however, if there is one I'll need some time before I jump into it. Hope you all understand. 

Thank you for coming on this journey with me, I love you all so much.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

-Oleander