Chapter 13: Lovers Quarrel

(A/N): I'm alive, barely LMAO. This chapter might be kinda shit since I haven't written anything in forever, so bear with me and be patient, please. Thank you, and enjoy the return of this fucking shitshow of a book.

   Jewels whoops and cries of joy filled the air as she soared through the air, looking almost angelic as she twirled and looped around the rusty support beams of the old warehouse. It was such a bittersweet moment, the lovely taste of freedom but with a high cost. Unfortunately, Blu and (Y/N)'s home in Minnesota still beckoned for their return, and it wasn't as if the two could just up and leave their old life behind. Linda deserved better than that, she was their mother after all.

   "Come on guys let's go!" Jewel cackled joyously, soaring out of the building.

   "What're we standin around for? It's Carnival!" Nico yipped. Pedro and Rafael whooped and yelled happily, the three taking off and following close behind Jewel.

   (Y/N) perched herself on Blu's head as he walked out of the warehouse. The blue macaw's gaze was longing as he watched his friends fly through the night sky, their happiness radiating through the air like a heatwave. The (color) canary sighed, lifting herself off of Blu's head to land beside him on the cold road. 

   She opened her mouth to say something, but Luis came over and sat down beside the two birds before she could. The bulldog took notice of Blu's somber expression.

   "Yup, I know just how you feel. Watchin them up there just makes you wanna chase them and grab them in your mouth and... bite their heads off huh?" he said, licking up some more drool from his canine mouth. (Beastars looks awfully different here--). (Y/N) blinked, was that supposed to be comforting? Luis noticed their silence and chuckled. "I'm just kiddin bro. Yeah chasin them is plenty."

   Blu sighed, and the bulldog's smile fell. Luis slowly moved away with a dejected look on his face, and (Y/N) looked up at her adoptive brother.

   "You're not ready to go back yet, are you?" The (color) canary asked. Blu gave her a sad look, and she sighed. "Yeah, I'm not either..."

   Blu sighed, "Come on, Linda's waiting for us." The macaw started to walk back in the direction of the city, and (Y/N) started to follow suit. She hesitated midstep, however, and looked back at Nico. 

   The yellow canary had a wide smile on his face, his happiness practically lit up the whole night sky. His yellow feathers shone like gold when reflecting the street lights, and his brown eyes sparkled with joy. She was taking in every detail of him for the last time because the (color) canary knew that the moment she left, her heart would long to see those beautiful eyes and feathers again, even if just for a moment more.

   (Y/N) snapped out of her thoughts and followed in pursuit of Blu.

   "Hey, where are you going?" Jewel asked with a smile on her face, flying down to the ground to meet them. Blu kept walking, but (Y/N) stopped with her gaze averted to the ground. Jewel's smile faded and her voice grew softer, "Blu? Blu what's wrong?"

   The blue macaw stopped, looking down for a moment with a sad expression before replacing it with a smile that didn't meet his eyes. "Nothing, everything's perfect! You'll be off to the rainforest, I'll be back with Linda just like we planned."

   Jewel started to speak again but was cut off by another voice.

   "Hey birds, stop yappin and start flapping, let's go!" Nico said happily, landing on a street sign with Pedro next to him.

   "I-I guess I thought maybe--"

   "What, that you'd come to Minnesota? Psh, great I'll knit you a sweater." Blu said sarcastically, and (Y/N) looked at him sharply.

   "Blu--" (Y/N) said warningly.

   "No, that's... not what I meant--" Jewel started, averting her gaze to the side a bit.

   "Look Jewel, I can't spend my life walking around and following you where ever you're going." Blu rolled his eyes, starting to walk away again.

   "Blu what the--" (Y/N) started but was cut off.

   "Hey, it's not my fault you can't fly," Jewel said coldly, which made Blu stop in his tracks.

   (Y/N) whipped around at her and glared sharply, which made the female blue macaw flinch at the harshness in the canary's (color) eyes. Nico and Pedro were tensely watching the scene unfold. Hostility was thick in the air, to the point where someone could cut it with a knife. The canary knew Blu was just acting like this because he was hurting, but that still wasn't an excuse. 

   "Okay okay," Rafael said, flying down between them. "You know what? This is good! Just clear the air, just be completely honest with each other." Uh oh.

   "Blu, leave it be." (Y/N) said, but her brother ignored her.

   "You want honesty? Fine, fine I can be honest. I don't belong here, in fact, I never wanted to come here in the first place." Blu snapped. "And- and you know what? I hate samba!"

   All the bird's faces dropped, and (Y/N) glared at him. Nico sobbed into Pedro's shoulder, telling Pedro to make Blu take it back.

   "Jesus, I get you're upset but what is your deal?!" (Y/N) asked incredulously.

   "Oh don't even talk, I had been walking around this entire city and through the rainforest chained to HER," Blu snapped, gesturing to Jewel, "while you were out making goo-goo eyes at mister bottle cap over there!"

   "That is completely unfair, I flew for HOURS trying to find you and bring you home. I was worried sick for you!" (Y/N) snarled.

   "Oh look at that, playing yourself as the hero yet again. You don't even belong in Minnesota, you can fly. Stay here with your new friends, maybe you can play hero for them too huh?"

   "Oh, right cause I forgot that it doesn't matter if I go back or not since Linda just needs her little gold star PET with her and she'll be fine." (Y/N) said angrily, tears pricking at her eyes. "You know I was so relieved that I found you safe, and that I didn't stop looking for you. Guess that was my mistake huh?"

   Blu sighed angrily, "(Y/N) that's not what I--."

   "No, don't even. Go home pet, you clearly don't need me," the (color) canary said, tears threatening to spill as she turned away and took off into the sky. Salty liquid poured down her cheeks as she flew away from the voices calling her name, trying to get her to come back. Her mind was racing, Blu was her everything and he just tossed her away like she was a piece of trash. 

   "(Y/N)!" Nico's voice cut through the (color) canary's thoughts. She couldn't stop though, she just needed to get away. She had been humiliated in front of everyone, by the person she was closest to. A flurry of emotions cut through her like a knife, growing stronger and louder as she sped up.

   She was so caught up in her emotions, she didn't even notice the white figure speeding towards her with its talons extended. (Y/N) only realized what was happening when she felt a tight grip surround her and yank her back. The canary screeched, biting at the talons with all her might and squirming like a rabbid animal. She felt a sting down her face and realize that the bird had left a long scratch down her face. 

   Nico and Pedro's voices became faded as the figure flew off with a screeching and squirming (Y/N) in its talons.

(A/N): God I pulled this chapter out of my ass. One day I'll come back and fix it, but for right now here y'all go. The amount of popularity this book has gained is,,, insane. I love you all so much and every one of your comments, votes, etc brighten my day. Thank you all for 48k reads and 1k votes <3333333

Dont forget to vote, comment, and share

- Oleander