Chapter 6: Second Encounters

(A/N): Take note I'm COMPLETELY winging it with this scene now. Since (Y/N) isn't the fricken movie I have to go off my imagination, so sorry if this fuckin SUCKS.

          (Y/N) could feel the determination that once roared in her like a flame start to fade into a smoldering ember. She had been flying for hours, looking for any trace of a certain yellow canary or a blue McCaw. She could feel the panic rising in her again, Blu was everything to her. Sure she had Linda, but Blu was her brother and companion. They were raised together and planned on growing old together, remembering the good times of their youth with Linda. After an hour or so, she was frantic again. Her mind was telling her to calm down, that she couldn't find him in one night in such a big city, but her whirling thoughts and anxieties drowned her common sense out. 

          Eventually, she perched on the roof of a run-down building, hyperventilating with tears running down her (color) feathered face. Her small wings drooped as she let the tears silently flow. It was foolish to go off on her own. Why she thought she could find him and could bring him home, she'll never know. Now she was in a huge city, miles away from Linda, and probably even further away from Blu than she originally was. As her thoughts of self-hate brutally attacked her mind, another canary landed on the building beside her. (Y/N) jumped as a wing gently touched her shoulder, and she whirled to see the source of comfort. (Color ) eyes met with brown ones and astonishment swept over her as she recognized the very canary she was looking for. 

           Nico's expression was one of concern as he noticed (Y/N)'s puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks. He was confused as to how something could break such a spirited bird like her. He didn't dare ask though, he'd let her tell him. He didn't know if she trusted him yet since they had only met once before this, so he'd let her approach him at her own pace. The two canaries sat under the pale moonlight for some time, before (Y/N) spoke up.

           "Why are you out so late?" She asked, the tears no longer falling from her eyes, which held a look of fatigue. 

           "I could ask you the same thing," Nico said, his brown eyes looking toward her hunched figure. (Y/N) snorted at the reply, keeping her eyes locked on the horizon.

           "Just let my emotions get the best of me. Thought I could find Blu all on my own in a big city like this..." She shook her head, the bitterness in her voice was strong enough to make anyone feel pity for her as she explained what happened. "I was actually going to look for you and Pedro to help me find him... but it was a foolish thought. I doubt you'd know where he is."

           "Ah, come on! You can't give up like that! Blu's still out there! Besides, it's only been one day. You can search again tomorrow when it's light, and if you'll let me, I'd love to help you search!"  Nico said with optimism and he nudged the canary beside him lightly with his wing. (Y/N) looked up at him, her (color) eyes finally meeting his. There was a small glint of hope in them, but it was very faint.

           "You- You'd be willing to help me look for him?" She asked hesitantly, blinking at the yellow canary as if he had five heads. She'd never accepted help from someone else, she'd always made sure she did something herself, with the rare exception of Blu helping her. (Y/N) was a stubborn bird, but her love for her brother overcame anything. This wasn't a time to be proud, and she knew that.

           Nico smiled "Of course! I don't see why I wouldn't." He was taken aback when he was pulled into a hug, (Y/N) smiling as she placed her head on his shoulder. 

           "Thank you..." She said as Nico finally hugged back, chuckling at the (color) canary. 

          " Don't mention it, (Y/N)" Nico said as he finally pulled away from the hug and stood up "Why don't you come back to my place? You seem far from yours"

         (Y/N) smiled sheepishly and scoffed, "Maybe just a bit far...thank you"

          "Don't mention it, now come on, it's late and we need as much energy as we can get if we wanna look for Blu tomorrow," Nico said, and the two took off, and prepared for a long day tomorrow. 

(A/N): I told y'all B). Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share!

                                     -Scream