Chapter 10: Monkeying Around

(Y/N) stared with an irritated expression at who she could assume was the leader of the swarm of monkeys. She had been in the middle of... whatever that thing was that she and Nico had, and these stupid wanna-be apes had completely ruined it. To say she was pissed would be an understatement.

   "You two are coming with me." The leader spoke up, gesturing at Blu and Jewel. 

   Oh. Hell no. That wasn't going to slide with the (color) canary, not at all. 

   "In your little monkey dreams." Jewel spat, and (Y/N) landed beside her.

   "Go back to where you came from before things get ugly Tiny." (Y/N) said, and both Jewel and (Y/N) spat at the leader's feet. The leader looked unamused at the action and rose a brow at them.

    "Yeah!" Blu said, trying to be intimidating. He tried to spit just like the others had done but failed miserably and wiped spit off his beak with his wing as Jewel looked at him with confusion and disgust, while (Y/N) just facepalmed. Blu cleared his throat awkwardly, "That was meant for you."

   The leader laughed at the pitiful attempt from the blue macaw. His laughter stopped when Raphael slung a wing around the monkey's shoulders in an attempt to be friendly.

   "Come on! Can we all just get along?" Raphael asked, trying to break the tension in the room.

   "This isn't your fight big nose!" The leader snapped, pushing Raphael away harshly. He let out another laugh as he raised his arm as if to strike the toucan, but his arm was caught mid-air by the same Roseate Spoonbill (Y/N) saw dancing earlier.

   "You mess with my friends." The spoonbill said threateningly, his face getting close to the leaders, which was now wide-eyed in shock and a bit of intimidation. "You mess with ME."

   "And us!" The rest of the birds said in chorus.

   "Yeah!  You little King Kong!" Pedro said from beside Nico. 

   Tensions in the room were high, both sides staring threateningly and menacingly at each other. Both were waiting for the other side to make the first move. (Y/N) rolled her eyes at the sound of one of the monkeys playing a steady rhythm on a can to add effect. (Y/N) locked eyes with the leader, and slightly scraped her tiny talons on the cement below.

   "BIRDS VERSUS MONKEYS!" Pedro finally yelled, and the birds charged.

   "GET THEM!" The monkey leader yelled, and the monkeys charged also. 

   Feathers against fur. Wing against hand, it was a mess of reds, blues, greens, oranges, and more against brown. Nico and Pedro were launching berries at monkeys from a distance, Blu and Jewel were dodging monkeys left and right, and (Y/N) was dragging around a monkey by its ear with all her might. Raphael was knocking away monkeys left and right, and if the situation wasn't so intense, (Y/N) would've laughed at the monkey's pitiful attempts.

   (Y/N) gasped at the sound of the trolley, and looked over to the two blue macaws. "We gotta go!"

   The three hurriedly tried to rush away but were soon surrounded by monkeys. There was no way past them other than to fight their way through, or so they thought. Suddenly, the Roseate Spoonbill from before grabbed Jewel and Blu's chain and lifted them in the air toward the trolley. (Y/N) started to fly after them, but yelped when she was grabbed tightly mid-flight. 

   "Oh no you don't!" The monkey leader snarled, holding (Y/N) tighter as she struggled. The grip was making it harder to breathe, and (Y/N) struggled faster than before. The grip loosened when the leader's face was bombarded with berries, and (Y/N) smiled to see Pedro fling one more berry at the monkey.

   "Thanks" (Y/N) gasped with a smile. 

   "Anytime girl!"Pedro said, and the two raced to catch up with Blu, Nico, Raphael, and Jewel. (Y/N) saw a line of monkeys fall from the air, and noticed Nico put his cap back on his head. 

   "Take that you funky monkey!" Nico said as he tipped his cap, and (Y/N) let out a laugh. He looked over at her disheveled state and rose a brow. 

   "Best not to ask." (Y/N) said as she flew to his side. He shrugged and they followed after the two blue macaws. 

   They landed on the top of the trolley beside Blu and Jewel. The two canary's smiled as they listened to their friends cheer about the victory. Nico looked over at (Y/N) and awkwardly cleared his throat.

   "You okay?" He asked. "You look pretty banged up."

   (Y/N) blinked and finally took a good look at herself. Her feathers were ruffled and messy, and there was some dirt on her. Despite her rough appearance though, her (color) eyes shined brightly with adrenaline, and she smiled brightly.

   "Never been better." (Y/N) replied happily. Nico smiled back at her and nodded, and the two turned their attention back to their friends. They laughed and chattered as the trolley took off to their destination. 

(A/N): HAPPY 2020 Y'ALL

HOPE YOU GUYS HAD A GOOD BREAK, HOPE YOU GUYS HAD LOTS OF FUN AND SHIT

I JUST WANTED TO SAY I AM THANKFUL FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU AND I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH???

ANYWAYS, Y'ALL KNOW WHAT SCENES NEXT. MY (PERSONALLY) FAVORITE SCENE IN THE FUCKING MOVIE. 

WHY? BECAUSE JAMIE FOXX HAS THE VOICE OF AN ANGEL ALRIGHT? IT'S SMOOTH LIKE FUCKING BUTTER.

ALRIGHT ANYWAYS, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE GIRLS AND BOYS AND EVERYONE IN BETWEEN.

                          -Scream