Chapter 1-10🥀

After you and Yakaru arrived at Ramshackle to drink, you excused yourself to the kitchen with the bottle that the student had provided. Staying true to what you thought from before, you poured sour grape juice into his glass before pouring a small amount of wine into your own. It only made sense to drink as little as possible.

You were going out to the town with Mr. Crewel tonight.

Returning to the lounge, you handed him his glass. For the rest of the evening, conversations were exchanged between you both as the sound of your pen scratching against paper filled the background. Most of the time, you were the one listening to what he had to say.

Yakaru was rather intelligent for his age, along with a few other students of yours. Although high in intellect, he was still rather oblivious to a few social cues. You were guilty of this as well sometimes and it felt nice to relate on a certain level with the boy.

Hours had passed and it was time for Yakaru to leave for his dorm. Luckily for you, your student had explained a few things about the technology of the modern world. Such as phones, TVs, and radios. It was all rather hard to understand at first, seeing as you thought it was a mixture of dendro and electro energy inside a box, but accepted the information nonetheless.

Before leaving, the boy had jokingly stated that he felt as if he was your son now, which you gladly accepted with complete seriousness. Caught off guard, the boy left to call his mother for permission to be adopted by our handsome male lead.

The notes you wrote on the paper of each student were personalized to their certain set of skills to help improve their performance. Without even realizing it, the sun had already set.

Yuu entered the dorm with Ace and Deuce trailing behind him. Grim was passed out on the Prefect's shoulder. "Ah. Good evening Háizi, Chân, and Jiāng. I see that the Guàiwù has fallen asleep. How was your adventure after lunch?"

Ace groaned as he flopped face-first into the couch. "My hands hurt so muuuuuuuch! Those chestnuts were so spiky and sharp."

Grabbing his hand gently, you examined it for any injuries and was pleasantly surprised to see only a few indents from the needles. No bandages needed. "You'll be fine friend Ace."

"Y/n? Are you cooking again tonight? I want to help this time." Yuu questioned as he softly sat beside you on the second stripped love seat.

"I apologize for not telling you sooner, but Mr. Crewel will be taking me to the town tonight. You will need to prepare your own meals currently. I must get ready. He should arrive rather soon. Please let him in if he arrives early." You explained with a small smile. It was hard to contain your excitement. Now growing oblivious to the tension-filled silence being fueled by the three teens.

'Y/n's going on a date with Mr. Crewel?!' The three thought in unison.

Yuu lightly clapped his hands to grab the attention of his friendly rivals, "What are we going to do? We can't let them leave together. Haven't you heard how Mr. Crewel talks to us and other students?! He'll taint Y/n!"

Ace began to think, "What if we pretend to get sick from the food we make? Orrrrrr... we could y'know feed Mr. Crewel something."

"I don't think we should be interfering with their time. Y/n said that he was going with Mr. Crewel to view the town. I think it'll be more of a tour rather than a date." Deuce tried to reason.

"That is an excuse that many people use to trick others into considering their hangouts as dates. You really don't get any bitches huh Juice?" Ace teased.

Deuce then grew a tick mark at the top of his forehead, "Eh? You wanna go Ass- I mean Ace? I'll pummel you!" A fire could be seen in his eyes. He was ready to beat up the ginger in front of him.