{LUKE POV}

Joss and Luke arrived to a tiny house that they had rented near the beach; they both liked the sea, that's why they decided to rest there.

On the first day, they had a superb talk about everything, letting each of them know the other better. They sat on the sand, drinking their favourite beer.

Luke noticed Joss staring in the blank space above them, there was surely something on his mind which Luke was so curious to know about.

He moved closer to Joss and sat right next to him, closer this time.

"What's running on your mind right now, Joss?" Luke asked, he smiled a little bit before he looked at the sky above.

"I wonder..." Joss murmured before he laid down on the sand, placing his hands behind his head, always staring at the sky.

"Hm? You wonder what?" Luke nicely asked, he laid down on his tummy next to Joss, looking at the man while scanning the serious and peaceful details on the latter's face.

"I wonder what is the reason they chose the both of us to work on this project together and not other, more famous artists," Joss answered.

"Well, about that," Luke thought for a moment before he answered, "maybe because we're the most loved two this year?" he added "You're everyone's favourite basketball player, and I am another famous actor who got so much attention this year because of the successful drama that was out this year... what could be the other reason?"

"I wonder why I am their favourite basketball player... I don't find myself good enough like other players worldwide..." Joss couldn't continue his sentence when Luke interrupted him.

"You're not what now?! You're my favourite player too! I have watched every single match you were on, I literally went to every basketball court you were on just to watch you play, because no other player played the way you do! Your moves are so crafty and aggressive, you run faster than everyone, you're so strong with the ball, you always want to get better for the team and help everyone around you. You are the best leader any team could have... How could you say you're not good enough?" Luke yelled with his whole lungs, startling Joss.

"I'm your favourite?" Joss said, and Luke could obviously feel the man in front of him blushing because of what he said about him.

"You are!" Luke repeated, his cheeks turning, he never imagined that one day he would be yelling this to the guy he liked the most.

"Wow! I didn't expect this," Joss answered.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to make things awkward..." Luke sat back down, turned his face away from Joss, embarrassed to even look at him.

Did I just confess everything? Stupid me! Now he'll think that I am weird.

At midnight, the night sky was a painting of the glowing and large full moon with millions of stars sparkling behind it. The waves slowly touched the shore, the white foam formed on the waves as they came near before going back to the heart of the water, making Joss and Luke's stress fade away.

"Thank you," Joss said all smily.

"For what?" Luke curiously asked as he raised his eyebrows while trying to figure out what had he done for Joss to be thanking him.

"For supporting me without that I know you are doing so, for believing in me..." Joss answered while giving Luke a piece of the cake they had bought on their way to the beach.

Luke couldn't say anything, he was lost in the view of the man sitting next to him, staring at his lips as if he was craving them. A smile appeared on his lips as his eyes moved from the man's lips to his sparkling eyes; Joss, who was watching the moon, all focused and peaceful, looked as pretty as ever, making Luke's heart skip beats as he examined them.

"Hey," Luke said, always scanning the details on Joss' details.

"Hm?" Joss' eyes moved directly to the smiling Luke.

"I..." Luke stopped for a second, taking a deep breath, before he slowly grabbed Joss' hand and then placed his other hand on Joss' cheek, moved closer to him and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

Luke let go of Joss' lips and turned around to look at the sky. His heart was filled with guilt for losing control over his feelings and letting himself kiss Joss again after that one kiss at the hotel. He didn't know if what he did would make it weird again between the both of them.

"I'm sorry..." he said, his lips clearly showing a sad pout. "I didn't think before doing that..." he added before he felt Joss' hand that grabbed his waist and pulled him closer to Joss who didn't hesitate to kiss him again, deeper and longer this time. There was a war of the orchestra in his heart at that time, feeling Joss' lips brushing against his, feeling Joss' breath that touched his skin between the tiny pauses as they kissed.

"Why are you kissing me back?" Luke asked, breathless, right after Joss let go of his lips as their foreheads were glued to each other. He wasn't sad about it, yet so many thoughts triggered his mind; why would this man kiss him back when he hated him before? Why didn't he stop him from kissing his lips? Does he feel anything? Or is it just out of pity? Friends don't usually kiss, do they?

"I..." a long moment of silence took place, making Luke wonder what the answer was. But unfortunately, Joss sighed heavily before he stood up, "Let's go back to our room, you have a solo photoshoot tomorrow morning..." he added, keeping Luke without an answer to his heartfelt question.

They walked away together, and Luke was always left wondering the reason for that kiss.

It's not that he likes me too, isn't it?

When they arrived at their room, the awkward silence was still taking over the place.

Joss was seated on his bed reading a book, while Luke was on his bed stealing glances at Joss. He wanted to ask him again for the reason they kissed, yet he didn't want to make things more awkward than how it was then. Maybe he shouldn't have kissed him in the first place, maybe he should have controlled his feelings more, and not let them control him.