flames

We had been running for at least an hour, and I could tell everyone was beginning to become tired. However, I could also tell that's exactly what Dabi, Shigaraki, and Toga were waiting for. A blazing tear was felt on my back, and my two arms, causing me to raise a shield of purple around the whole class as a sapphire blue warped around it. The seconds ticked by and it seemed like it wasn't going to be any time soon that Dabi would lessen his flames.

In one quick movement, I had lowered the shield and taken to my own flames, Todoroki joining with his own fire. I looked over my shoulder to see Bakugou running over. "No! You and Izuku take the rest of the class and run!"

"Huh? Do you think we're incapable of fighting a few weak ass villains?!" Bakugou yelled.

"NO! I DON'T!" I shouted back. "But for once in your life, would you just listen to me and not put up a fucking fight?!"

Bakugou's eyes widened before he huffed, glaring and walking away. He yelled at the class, half following after him and the other half tailed after Izuku. With a final push of effort, I send a blast powerful enough to send Dabi a few feet, giving me a few seconds to shove Todoroki in Izuku's direction. "You too."

"What? You can't be serious." Todoroki breathed. "You can't take him on!"

"Don't underestimate me, Todoroki." I threatened, and with a white flash of my eyes, Todoroki was off and running after Izuku's group. When they were almost out of ear shot I yelled through the forest. "2431!"

"What's that supposed to mean, huh, Pearl?" I heard Dabi's husky voice question from behind me. I turned, glaring up at the man.

"Nothing that's of any importance to you." I spat, clenching my fists.

"Now, now, I would've thought you would've been happy to see me after all those years."

"I would've been happier to see you as a hero."

Dabi scoffed. "Hero this, hero that. It's all hypocrisy, and you know it."

"Shut your lying mouth up." I raised a glowing hand to Dabi's head as he smirked.

"You can't kill me. Heroes have moral codes."

"Who said I was a hero?" I asked, firing a blast mere centimeters from his head, seeing smoke rise from his singed hair. "But you are right. I can't."

In a flash Dabi grew his own flames, firing at me and causing a dangerous dance of freezing and blazing to start.