Who do you want?

Lena left shortly after my brothers did, but I had asked her to join us again in a few days to check in with her. Night had fallen and neither of my brothers had returned. Aslin didn't seem to care too much that Az was still gone, but I caught her a few times peering out the tall windows.

"Hello," The deep rolling accent of the Dradans met my ears, pulling all three of us out of our thoughts.

I had a book open on my lap, though I hadn't read a single line in quite some time. The words had bled together and my thoughts swirled out of control. As restless as the waves that crashed against the rocks near the shore. Lena's stricken face, and her words about her despair. How many had died? How many had wanted to die while I was wrapped up in self pity?

I was aware that the servants here were doing it to help pay for their families. I hadn't known that they were dying though. There had been a time when I was younger that I asked Rasten why some of them had disappeared, but he had told me they bonded with someone and left. Why had I believed him?

"Aldon." I snapped the book shut, stifling my sigh, "To what do we owe the pleasure?"

He and Izaak stepped further into the sitting room. My gaze drifted past them and I internally scolded myself for looking for him. An attraction to the broody male was not something I should be entertaining. Not to mention the fact that I knew nothing about him and he didn't seem to be a great conversationalist.

"We figured we should talk to you after the king told us what he wanted." Izaak replied.

"Took most of the day just for him to get to the point," Aldon complained, sitting down heavily and rubbing a hand over his weary face. "So, he wants to use us to help create a peace treaty and trade routes."

"Correct." I managed not to squirm, but began picking at the fabric of my dress, my sister and Aslin glancing between the three of us.

"And how do you feel about this?" Alson prompted, red eyes honing in on me.

"I will do what I must to better my country," The words came out smoothly, even though at the moment I'd rather be helping my brothers with dismembering someone.

"So you don't mind going somewhere you've never seen?" Izaak asked, stretching out beside Aldon, their muscular thighs brushing.

"Did you?" I countered.

"No, but we haven't been isolated our entire lives." Izaak raised a brow challengingly.

"Where is Knox?" I finally asked, deciding to switch to a safer subject.

"At the docks," Aldon relaxed against the couch, stretching out his long legs, "He wanted to make sure everyone was behaving themselves."

"Are you okay with this?" I asked, the words falling out before I could process them.

"I suppose." He glanced over at Izaak who was frowning, "We are a package deal though."

"I'm aware." They don't seem surprised that I know, but Izaak was shifting uncomfortably.

"Az!" Aslin was launching herself across the room before the rest of us had time to register his presence.

Red stained her dress from where he gripped her thighs. A guttural growl rumbling through the room before he turned on his heel no doubt to clean up and do things I'd rather not think about. Killian stepped into the room next, his hands also dripping with blood that he quickly wiped on his pants. His eyes remained black, his lycan still close to the surface.

To all of our surprise Knox leaned up against the doorframe, a dangerous smile twisting his lips. Righteous fire danced in his eyes, his smile faded when he looked at me though. His look of disapproval made me want to curl up and disappear, that heavy feeling returning.