Friendship

The third day came and went without issue. Without Aldon attempting to find out if I was willing to bond with him and Izaak. A small reprieve of the stress that constantly did its best to crush me beneath its weight. Fia was still aggravated with me, but I had the feeling it was more to do with the thought of me leaving than anything else.

My day was spent in the library. Enjoying Maina's company and odd stories. Falling deep into one of my love stories. There was the same theme to all of them. The heroine didn't balk in the face of danger, and when she met her love interest she didn't hesitate. Didn't go for the safe choice. She went for the male that made her burn.

I had another dream last night. Again Knox was the main character in my fantasy.

Shoving his brother out of the way, glaring down at me with those flames dancing in his eyes. He pressed me back against a wall, nipping at my skin before pulling back. Keeping me pinned against the stone.

"What?" He snarled, "You really think he could be better than me? I know you feel this. You want me. Admit it."

"I want you," I had whispered, pressing myself against him, "I want you."

"Good girl," he growled, lifting me into his arms and tossing me roughly onto a bed that hadn't been there before, "Now beg."

As if summoned by my thoughts, red eyes materialized in the dark hall. They swept over me slowly, the same heat I had woken up with pooling between my thighs returned. Hotter now. More intense as the scarred male was illuminated by moonlight.

"Knox." I said by way of greeting, my fingers beginning to tap, tap, tap against my thigh.

"Maeve," His eyes narrowed, glancing to the door I hadn't realized I was in front of while I wandered, "What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean?" As soon as I finished speaking it clicked.

This must be one of their rooms. I hadn't been thinking about where I was going, I just wanted to move.

"Are you here to see Aldon?" The words were gritted out, the flames in his eyes growing hotter. Directly affecting my insides.

"No," I replied quickly, glancing down at the knee length nightgown I had thrown on in an attempt to cool down, "I was just wandering."

"In that?" He touched a hand to his temple, closing his eyes like it pained him to think about what I was wearing, "Are you not cold?"

"And here you go talking about the weather once again." The words came out harsher than I intended, my skin prickling with emotion.

"Maeve," My name was a growl upon his lips, fire meeting my eyes once again, "Do you need something?"

The dream surfaced again. My skin prickled with the flush that spread over the rest of me. That deep voice telling me to beg for him.

"Actually, I'd like to talk with you." My eyes caught on the spiraling horns glinting in the moonlight and felt my skin heat.

He frowned, studying me for a moment, "Alright. Talk then."

"Come with me." I turned, my bare feet slapping against the polished floor.

He hesitated for a moment, but eventually his footsteps joined mine. Following me to the same sitting room we had been in two days ago. When his brother asked if I wanted to be with him and Izaak. I pushed open the door to the room that was lit only by the moon, shutting the door as soon as he entered. His eyes seemed to glow with the flame. If eyes are the window to the soul then does he burn as bright as that flame?