12 ~ Shattered

It took Kyoka almost an hour to find Denki. He was in the woods by the school sitting under a tree, his knees pulled to his chest. She only found him because she heard his phone ringing when she tried to call him nearby. She followed the sound to him.

She ran up to him and knelt next to him, "Kaminari, thank god, I've been looking everywhere for you! Are you okay?"

Denki looked up at her, his eyes red and his face covered in tears, "Eiji broke his promise. He said he wouldn't tell anyone." his voice was soft and broken.

Kyoka sat down properly, "What promise?"

"I told him a secret and he promised he wouldn't tell anyone. He told Aizawa. He lied to me." Denki hid his face from her, still crying softly, "Why would Eiji lie to me?"

Kyoka sighed, "He must've had a good reason. I know he wouldn't hurt you on purpose."

Denki rubbed his eyes, wiping the tears away even though more kept falling, "I don't care anymore. I'm done. Mom was right, all men do is hurt you."

"Wait, did you break up?"

Denki nodded, "Yes. I didn't actually say it, but yes. I'm done. If he needs me to say it then I will. But Eiji isn't my boyfriend anymore," Denki let out a broken sob. Eijirou completely broke his heart.

Kyoka scooted closer to him and put her hand on his shoulder, "It must've been a pretty big secret if you're this upset over him sharing it."

"I've only ever told him. He's the only person. I thought I owed it to him to explain but he ended up spilling my secret. My mom was right. When she found out I was bi she said I shouldn't be with men because all they do is hurt you," he rubbed his tears away as they kept falling, "She was right."

Kyoka wrapped her arm around his shoulders, "Men can be shitty sometimes, but Kirishima's a good one. I don't think he meant to hurt you. But if you need a break from him that's okay. I'm here for you and I'll support you no matter what you choose to do."

"I choose to cut Eiji out. I don't want to be around him anymore. I don't want to see him. I hate him."

"You're going to have to see him at some point. We live with him."

"Then I don't want to interact with him."

Kyoka nodded, "That's okay. If you want me to tell him that's what you want, I will. That way you don't have to talk to him."

Kyoka didn't want to tear the two apart but it's obvious they needed a break from each other. Well, Denki at least needed a break from Eijirou. She planned on helping them work things out later, but right now helping Denki feel better was more important.

Denki leaned into her a bit, "Please. I don't want to talk to him at all."

"Okay, I'll tell him."

Denki moved his face into her shoulder, letting the tears continue to cry. He let his body shake with sobs.

His heart was completely shattered.