1 ~ I Love You

Denki loves his boyfriend more than anything. He loves everything about him. Mostly he loves how Eijirou can be so strong yet sweet at the same time; his kind protector who will always make him feel safe. He loves Eijirou so much. Now he just has to make himself say it. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal. He should be able to tell his boyfriend that he loves him. But he can't even get himself to hold Eijirou's hand in public.

Don't get it twisted, they're all over each other in private. But in public... Denki just can't. In private Denki loves to kiss his boyfriend, let him hold him, cuddle in bed together, hold hands, look at each other lovingly in the eye, call each other pet names, all that cliché nonsense. But, in public, Denki shuts down at the thought. He doesn't know why.

Eijirou knows Denki is uncomfortable with PDA so he doesn't push for it no matter how much he wants to. Eijirou just wants to be able to hug Denki and kiss him without caring who's around them. But nothing is worth making his beloved boyfriend uncomfortable.

But, one night, Denki decides to just go for it while the bakusquad is hanging together in the dorm common area talking about training.

"I don't know, I just feel like I need to do better," Eijirou sighed, "I can't hold Unbreakable for very long."

Katsuki rolled his eyes, "You're not going to be perfect overnight. Stop being a little piss baby and just practice. You'll get there."

Eijirou chuckled, knowing this was Katsuki's way of encouraging him, "Thanks bro, I'll work on it."

Denki looked down for a moment, taking a deep breath. Then he scooted a little bit closer to Eijirou, taking his hand in his own, "I think you're already doing amazing, Eiji." he then leaned up to kiss Eijirou's cheek.

Eijirou's face lit up with the brightest smile.

"Thank you, Denki." Eijirou looked down at their hands, smiling even more. He was trying not to make a big deal out of it, he knew that would make Denki uncomfortable. But he couldn't help smiling, this is something that he's wanted for such a long time.

The conversation continued after that but after a few minutes or so Eijirou felt Denki's hand trembling. He looked over at him and saw it wasn't just his hand, his entire body was trembling. Eijirou let his hand go, knowing PDA was the cause of his anxiety. But Denki was determined to get over his irrational fear. He immediately reached for Eijirou's hand again, holding it close to his chest and squeezing it gently. Eijirou gave him a reassuring smile, deciding he should let Denki try to push through this. He turned back to the conversation but squeezed Denki's hand in return. He wanted him to know he was safe. The conversation went on, everyone paying no mind to the fear that was bubbling up inside of Denki with every passing moment.

A full ten minutes passed before Eijirou looked back at Denki, he was still trembling but now he was also biting his lip and staring at the floor, but he refused to let go of Eijirou's hand. Eijirou knew this was too much for Denki so he looked back at his friends.

"I'm getting pretty tired; I think I'm gonna head upstairs."

Denki's head perked up at Eijirou's words, "I'll come with you!" Denki blushed when he realized he shouted, "I-I'm tired too."

Eijirou smiled at him, "Let's go upstairs together then."

The two said goodnight to their friends before making their way to Eijirou's dorm room. The entire way up Denki kept a death grip on Eijirou's hand. Yes, it was stressing him out. But it was also making him feel safe at the same time. He knew Eijirou was there for him. Right now, the pros of holding onto his boyfriend outweighed the cons. The moment the two made it inside Eijirou's room, Eijirou immediately pulled Denki into a bear hug: "I'm so proud of you, Denki. I know how hard that was for you," he said softly into his hair. Denki hugged Eijirou back as tight as he could, burying his face into Eijirou's shirt.