7 ~ Okay

^the last chapter ended a little abruptly due to me not knowing where to go from there. i did a twitter poll and they decided kirishima's next actions. this is picking up immediately where last chapter's conversation left off^

Eijirou frowned, looking at his boyfriend who he held in his lap, "Denki, how do you feel right now?" he had to know what was going on in Denki's head. He wouldn't be able to think about anything else until he knew he was okay. Or just not bad, at the very least.

Denki looked down, "Fine, I guess. I just really want to get the day over with."

Eijirou paused, trying to figure out how to best handle this situation. He really didn't know what to do.

"Eiji? What's wrong?"

"Everything."

"What? Wait, do you mean..." Denki glanced at the scrapbook.

"Yes, but it's more than that," Eijirou sighed, "I'm just worried about you, Denki. I know you can't be okay right now. There's no way you're really okay."

Denki frowned, "Well, I'm not doing as well as I could be. I think I'm doing fairly okay, considering."

"You don't have to ignore it, Denki," Eijirou tightened his grip around him, "It's okay if you want to cry again."

"Why would I want to cry?"

"Rephrase. You can cry if you need to."

"No," Denki shook his head, "I have to be stronger. I can't keep crying."

"This situation is sensitive," Eijirou kissed the top of his head, "It's okay to cry over this. Please, don't bottle it up."

Eijirou was okay letting Denki temporarily push the memories back down but he knew if he pushed down his emotions as well, he would blow up.

Denki shook his head again, "We have to get ready for school."

"Screw school, you're more important."

"Aizawa will get angry-"

"Screw Aizawa too. I don't care about him right now; I don't care about school either. I care about you!" Eijirou was starting to get worked up so he took a deep breath to calm himself down.

Denki sighed, he felt bad for causing Eijirou so much worry, "Eiji," he kissed him softly, "I'll be fine for one day. Can we at least give it one day? Please?" he smiled, trying his best to give Eijirou at least some reassurance.

Eijirou closed his eyes, fighting his protective instincts, "Okay. One day."

Denki reached up and put his hands on Eijirou's face, "Look at me, Eiji."

Eijirou did as told, looking Denki in the eye.

Denki stroked Eijirou's cheek with his thumb, "I'm okay."

Eijirou put his hands on top of Denki's "I should be the one comforting you right now."

"This is something that affects you too. It's okay for you to be upset," Denki kissed him again, "Let me take care of you as you do for me."

Eijirou sighed. He was so always insistent on being manly and taking care of his boyfriend that sometimes he forgot that Denki is just as strong as he is and that relationships go two ways, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" Denki frowned, "You haven't done anything."

"I treat you like you're incapable of taking care of yourself sometimes. I don't recognize your strength, but you are so strong. I just let my need to protect blind me."

Denki smiled again, "It's okay, I think it's cute. Also, protectiveness is an admirable trait for a hero."

"It's unfair to you," Eijirou looked down as he took Denki's hands off his face so he could hold them.

Denki chuckled a bit, "Eiji, it's okay. I promise. I love knowing you'll always be there for me when I need you. It's one of my favorite things about you."

Eijirou looked back up at him, "I still feel bad about it."

Denki leaned in to kiss him for what felt like the 20th time that morning, "If you feel so bad then you can make it up to me by letting me take care of you once in a while. Deal?"

Eijirou smiled, "Okay, deal."

"Thank you," Denki kissed Eijirou yet again, something that never failed to make him feel better, "Can we get ready for school now? Please?

"Yes, we can get ready for school." This time Eijirou kissed Denki, it made him feel better too.

Denki grabbed Eijirou's face, refusing to stop. Eijirou laughed, only able to pull away about a centimeter, "Weren't you the one asking to get ready?"

"Last kiss." Denki connected their lips again. He knew he wouldn't be able to kiss him again until that night.

Eijirou indulged him for a bit before forcing their lips apart, "Babe, I love you, but we have to get ready. I'll kiss you as much as you want later."

Denki pouted, making out wasn't something they did often but right now he wanted to do it more than anything, "Okay."

Eijirou chuckled a bit, "I'll let you help me with my hair after you get dressed."

"Really?!" Denki perked up with a big smile, he loved messing with Eijirou's hair.

Eijirou nodded, "Mhm, now go get dressed."

"Okay!" Denki quickly went to his closet, smiling wide.

Eijirou watched him for a moment, smiling. At that moment, everything felt right. It felt okay. But only for this moment. It wouldn't last long and Eijirou knew that deep down. Denki wasn't really okay. Honestly, neither was Eijirou. Neither were anywhere near okay. But the two just continued getting ready, with smiles on their faces as they exchanged occasional small kisses because Denki refused to stop. They were both pushing everything down. It wouldn't be long before one of them broke. But, for now, they pretended everything was okay.