4 ~ Go Hard

Aizawa knew something was going on merely by the look on the boys' faces the moment they showed up to homeroom that morning, so Denki requesting to return to the dorms wasn't too much of a surprise but it still filled him with worry. Especially when he sees his friends later.

The entire bakusquad seemed weighed down by something when they showed up for training, especially Eijirou. He was very zoned out. He did manage to train but his training was basically just keeping up Unbreakable while Izuku beat the shit out of him.

The fact that his training didn't require much thought was the only reason he was able to do it. All he had to do was stand there and focus on keeping his hardened state.

Aizawa watched the beating continue for five minutes before calling Eijirou over to talk.

Eijirou sighed and walked over, "What is it, sensei?"

"It seems like you're having a rough day. I just wanted to check-in and make sure everything is okay."

Eijirou looked down, "It's fine." he couldn't tell Aizawa the source of his bad mood.

Aizawa was nowhere near convinced, "Are you sure? You and all your close friends are acting weird today. Kaminari didn't seem okay when he asked to leave-"

"Duh! He obviously isn't okay if he's asking to leave!" Eijirou snapped, drawing the attention of everyone in the room.

This was a very unexpected response for Eijirou, so Aizawa was patient with him, "If something happened you need to let a teacher know-"

"I don't need to tell anyone shit!" Eijirou then saw everyone was staring at him, "I-I'm sorry."

In the back, Shoto spoke quietly, "Bakugou is rubbing off on him." Everyone still heard him.

Izuku quickly shushed him, "Don't say that."

Aizawa kept his cool, "Kirishima, I think you need to take a break."

"No, I want to keep training. I need a distraction."

Aizawa thought for a moment, trying to decide if that was a wise decision, "Fine. But I'm going to keep an eye on you."

Eijirou nodded, "Thank you," He walked back to where Izuku was standing with Shoto.

Izuku smiled, "I'm ready when you are!"

Eijirou smiled back, "Well, I'm ready."

He and Izuku went back to where they had been training before. Eijirou quickly hardened to Unbreakable.

Izuku hesitated, still a bit shaken by Eijirou's snap, but he cleared his mind and started attacking at 8%.

After a few minutes, Eijirou called him out, "Come on, Midoriya! I've seen you kick harder than this. Attack me like I'm a villain."

"I am!" Yes, Izuku could go harder. But it was really difficult for him and he preferred to train at that level with just All Might.

"Bullshit. Stop holding back and just come at me."

Izuku frowned, "I can kick harder, it's just not a good idea."

"Why? Are you afraid you'll hurt me?"

"Well, yeah. But it's not just th-"

"I can take it! Just kick me as hard as you can."

"No! I could hurt myself too."

Eijirou rolled his eyes, "You'll never get better with that attitude. You gotta push yourself. Holding back is doing a disservice to both of us."

Izuku shook his head, "You don't get it. I have to hold back. I literally cannot handle-"