8 ~ Real Help

The boys managed to make through class without any problems. They happily conversed with their classmates, focused in class (well, focused as much as Denki could with ADHD), and were generally okay. Their friends were happy to see it after all that had happened the day before.

Everyone was still worried, though. Especially Katsuki. He would never admit it, but he felt partially responsible. He didn't know the situation, but he knew he made it worse. He hurt Eijirou. Well, Eijirou hurt himself through him. But, to Katsuki, it was all the same.

That's why he decided to pull Eijirou aside before lunch, talking to him in the hall, "Hey, uh, you okay today?"

"Do you mean my arms? They're fine." Eijirou pulled up his sleeve to show the bandages, "Just a bit sensitive so I have to be careful not to put pressure on them."

"Oh. That's good. I guess I.. I, um.."

Eijirou smiled, "Were you worried about me, Bakubro?"

"Maybe. What the fuck of it?" Katsuki crossed his arms.

Eijirou chuckled, "I'm okay. I promise."

Katsuki looked down, "I'm trying to get better at this whole 'friend' thing, okay?"

"You're doing a really good job."

Katsuki looked back up at him, "How are you and Pikachu doing?"

Eijirou sighed, "I think we're okay. We talked through a lot of shit last night and this morning. He says he's okay"

"Do you believe him?"

Eijirou hesitated before answering, "No... I don't believe him at all."

"There's nothing anyone can do to help?" Katsuki wasn't going to try to pressure Eijirou into telling him what exactly happened, but he still wanted to help.

Eijirou shook his head, "Not right now, no. He needs.. I don't know..."

"Look, you don't have to tell me shit if you don't want to. But if you do want to then I'm here. I'm not very good at advice but I can shut up long enough for you to vent or whatever. I don't care."

Eijirou smiled a bit, "Thank you, but I don't think it'll help any."

"Then what will? Yesterday you were screaming at everyone and just... You weren't you. I don't like that," Katsuki looked down again, it was very hard for him to be this open with someone. But it was his closest friend so he could push through it, "I want to do something."

"That was yesterday. This is today. Denki and I talked, and it helped a bit. We'll get through it. We probably need to have a few more talks before it's better, but that's okay. We can manage. I'll handle it," Eijirou looked down, "I won't stop until it's better. I can't."

"You said it's more about him and that he's not okay. Are you sure you can help him alone? Besides, it's obviously fucking you up pretty bad too. Are you sure you can manage it by yourself?"

Eijirou looked back up to see Katsuki was looking at him again, "I have to."

"Why can't you tell anyone."

Eijrou thought for a moment, "I don't think he'd be able to handle it if I did. He could barely manage to talk to me about it; he's not ready to open up to anyone else. Also, I don't think he'd trust me again if I told someone."

"Fuck his trust. If he needs help, then get him fucking help."

"I'm helping him!" Eijirou snapped at him accidentally.

"You don't have to shout about it, damn! I'm trying to help you!"

‪Eijirou clenched his fists, "I-I'm helping him... I am... I..."‬

Katsuki frowned, "It looks like all you're doing is hurting yourself."‬

"No, I'm doing what I have to do."‬

"Are you though? I'm pretty sure you're avoiding what you have to do."‬

Eijirou looked up at him, "What do you think I have to do?"‬

"Get him real help. I don't know what kind of help he needs because I don't know the details, but it seems like some adult intervention is necessary."‬

Eijirou took a deep breath, "Something bad happened when he was younger. That's all I can say. I think... I think he needs trauma therapy. The only problem is he wants to pretend nothing happened instead of actually pushing through it."‬

Eijirou nodded, "Maybe you need to tell someone for him. At least some of it. I know it's a breach of trust, but sometimes what we want isn't what we need."‬‬

"I think you're right... I hate it."‬‬

Katsuki put his hand on the back of his neck, "Maybe you should tell someone now before you talk yourself out of it. I'll go keep an eye on Pikachu."

Eijirou nodded, "Okay... Okay..."‬

And with that Eijirou started walking to the teacher's lounge. He knew what he had to do.