6 ~ The Scrapbook

Denki woke up first this morning, just as he had the morning before, but this time he didn't stay in bed. He crawled over Eijirou as carefully as he could in attempts not to wake him as he got out of bed, but Eijirou woke anyway.

"Babe, what you doin'?"

Denki stopped, now just sitting on Eijirou with a pout, "I didn't want to wake you up, but I needed to get out of bed."

Eijirou chuckled, "Mission failure," he put his hands on Denki's hips, "Stay with me. Don't go."

Denki shook his head, moving Eijirou's hands and getting out of bed, "Just go back to sleep."

Eijirou sat up with a frown, "Only if you do too."

"No," Denki walked over to his desk and turned on the small lamp before sitting on the floor, "I need to find something."

"What's so important at-" Eijirou looked at the clock, "Christ, Denki, it's 5 am. Come back to bed."

Denki just shook his head as he opened his bottom desk drawer and started looking for something.

Eijirou sighed and got out of bed, going over and sitting next to him, "What are you trying to find?"

"The thing that I wanted to show you. I can't sleep until I find it."

"If you tell me what it is, I can help you find-"

"No!"

"Okay, okay. Quiet down," Eijirou rubbed Denki's shoulder, "If you shout, you'll wake Iida and he'll get mad."

Denki nodded, sighing, "Right... Sorry.." he looked at Eijirou, then laughed a bit, "Your hair looks ridiculous."

"Oh god, how bad is it?"

Denki just kept laughing, "Go look in the mirror."

Eijirou got up and did as told. His hair was a rat's nest due to sleeping before washing out all the hair spray and brushing out all the teasing, "Well, that's going to be annoying to take care of."

"Go take a shower."

Eijirou looked back at Denki. He didn't want to leave him alone, "Later. There's still plenty of time."

Denki rolled his eyes, "Eiji, just go. I'll be fine until you get back."

Eijirou hesitated. Denki did seem happy right now, fidgety, but happy, "Okay. I'll be quick."

Denki stood and walked over to him and leaned up to kiss him, "I'm fine, Eiji. I'm just restless and want to find... this thing. But I'm fine. Go take a shower, take as much time as you need."

Eijirou gave him a second kiss, "Okay. But please lay down when you find it."

Denki nodded, "I will. Just go."

Eijirou gave him a final kiss before leaving.

Denki watched him go, sighing when the door was closed. He went back to searching every inch of his room. He knew it was here, his grandmother made him bring it to the dorms.

He couldn't remember where he put it. He had hidden it from himself. It held too many bad memories that he had been trying to block out. He succeeded in blocking them out for the longest time but Eijirou pulled them back. They were all flooding back. Most of them at least.

He had worried Eijirou too much the night the memories started to break free. He owed him an explanation, even if he still couldn't remember everything. He didn't want to remember everything. He just needed to remember enough to give Eijirou an explanation. He owed it to him.