eight

Aryun's POV

Just another day hanging out with Wonsung. Just kidding- i went out with him for the first time at a cafe for studying. It wasn't a date.

"Yeah okay, i'll see you here." he finally hung up talking to the other through his phone and looked at me.

"Who's coming?" i asked. "Ah, just someone who could help you with maths. She's pretty good at it unlike me." he said as i smiled.
"You're so nice.. I can't thank you more." i said as he smiled as well. "Well, since we already studied for an hour, let's have a chat, shall we?" he proposed as i nodded.

"Yea, i'm also tired solving those silly physics questions. What do you wanna talk about?" i asked.

"Whatever you like." he said. I took a sip of my latte. "Oh well, about the bully, did he use to bully you like that always?" he added as i nodded.
"That's so sad. I'll make sure to protect you here from him. He won't come again to bully or harass you after getting his ass beaten by Siwon." he chuckled and said.

"Yeah.. I hope so. She did a nice job but i'm sad about her getting scolded because of me.." i said as he sighed. "Don't worry about it, she's totally fine i guess."

"Do you have a boyfriend by the way?" he asked all of a sudden. I shook my head.
"Oh, have you ever had one? I guess you did," he said as i chuckled. "Nah, i never had one."

"But you're so beautiful."

"She's what?" i heard someone as she grabbed wonsung's hair from behind as he frowned. It was Siwon.

"You've always come at the wrong time, haven't you?" he said as he looked at her.  "What's she doing here? I thought you called me for a treat." she said looking at me.

"Wait, you called her for maths? That's insane because i'm not doing maths with her-"

"Maths? I wasn't called for maths." she replied. "Shit this is getting crazy i should've told you both- but nevermind- Siwon, i'll give you my treat don't worry. In return, do maths with Aryun." he told Siwon as she looked at me with disgust.

"I'd rather sleep." she said as she rolled her eyes. She sat down anyway, facing me. "It's just for the treat, Yang Wonsung. I'll never be doing this again." she told him as he nodded.
"One session from you is more than enough~" he said playfully.

"Why did you pull my hair when i said she was beautiful? Did it piss you off?" he asked her suddenly. She just ignored it and told me to grab the maths book.

"Guess.. I'll stop third wheeling. Imma have a walk outside since the weather is nice." he said as he got up. He was about to go but i held his wrist, giving him a 'don't leave me with this mf' face.

"Fucking go." Siwon said as she grabbed my wrist, letting go off his hand. Wonsung just smiled and went away.

"Uh so what do you not understand?" she said, looking at the book and pretending as if she was teaching some student online. I frowned.

"You cant be friendly for once, can you?" i said as she looked at me.

"What?"

"Just looking at how you're.. So stupid. Stop wasting my time and let us get started already." she said as i gave up on trying to be her friend. It was worthless at that point, she was just not friendly. She probably didnt even like me.

The whole session she was focused on teaching me, i was glad that i didnt act like a dumbass. Or else she wouldve lost patience and probably, wouldve kicked me out of the cafe. I was totally afraid of that.

"And that's how it's done. Where the fuck is wonsung anyway?" she asked as she glanced around, searching for wonsung.

"Dunno probably somewhere out there.. I kinda forgot he was here" i said. I was way focused on how Siwon was teaching me, i forgot wonsung's existence.

Suddenly Siwon's phone rang. She took it out immediately and looked at the contact name, her face looked dull. She picked it up anyway.
"Yeah..."

"Yes. I have. Got the highest marks, yeah. No... Nobody else did." i assumed she was talking with her mom or dad. "Mhm." then she hung up.

I kept looking at her saddened face. She was in deep thoughts.

"Yeah so.. Where were we?" she asked as she looked at me. As if she didnt want to continue anymore.
"I'm.. Done for today." i replied as she just blinked.

"Oh well, good for you." she started to drink her coffee finally and sat freely. I kept looking at her knowing that it was making her eventually uncomfortable.

"...what?" she asked in a low tone.

"Who were to talking to?" i finally asked. "My.. Dad?"

"It only lasted a few seconds," i frowned.

"As if they care about me," she spat and took another sip. "The only thing they care about me is my grade." said she looking away. I still looked at her anyway, with a slightly concerned face, thinking about how her parents didnt care much about her except for her grade. It made me realize why she was more of a bitch than a kind person, i mean, she was kind in some way.

She just didnt receive enough love from the people she actually loved.

The only true friend she had was wonsung, who probably understood her. I didn't know how they had become friends, but it indeed was true that it must had been hard to be siwon's friend for him. Or maybe, it was a different story. I had no idea.

I suddenly reached out for her hand and placed my hand on hers, gently. She quickly came back to her sense and turned to me with a slightly shocked face and looked at me, frowning.

"I... uh.. Don't think you actually like me but i kind of want to be your friend. Like, not for your grades, not for the advantages, not for myself. I..." I stopped as i saw wonsung walking in. She quickly took her hand away from mine.

"Where were you, bastard? You vanished for a long time." she said as he chuckled. "Yea indeed, time passes pretty fast these days, are you guys finished with this session?"

She just nodded. "Yes, i'll go now," she then took her bagpack and was about to go when wonsung stopped her.
"Ayo- you didnt pay-"

"Weren't you paying? You were the one who brought me here. You're paying. Bye." she said as she walked out of the cafe, leaving the two of us alone.

"Ah.. She's pretty rude- she'll never get a boyfriend like this. Well anyway, Aryun, how was the session? I left because i wanted to leave you two alone for some time so that you could interact more. I would just had been a disturbance if i had stayed, anyway."

I stayed silent at his words. "Whats the matter? Did she scold you?"

I shook my head. "Nope, i just dont think she likes my company. Well, why am i even trying to be her friend." he raised an eyebrow.

"Uhm.. I think she likes you actually. What made you think she doesnt? Well actually that shouldnt matter. She just appears to be rude sometimes-" he said.

"She's very confusing- well anyway, lets get going."