twenty one

aryun's pov

A normal day as always.. It was pretty cold that day. Cloudy, cold breeze. Sure was comforting though. Siwon had not talked to me that much, only talked when i did. Not like she talked that much in the first place anyway.. It just felt a little distant from her since her birthday. She became 19. She barely talked with me and others except for wonsung and hyejin. Wonsung was okay.. Why hyejin though? Was she close with her since the beginning or.. the girl she was talking about was hyejin?

Minji was walking with me untill suddenly we saw Siwon glancing at us.

"It's pretty cold right? It might snow tonight," Minji said as i nodded. I waved a little hi at siwon, thought she would do the same. Instead, when she was about to, hyejin grabbed her arm and walked away. Siwon looked quite hesitant.

I mean.. They did look quite good together. Would you ignore your friends just because you fell in love with someone? I know.. She didnt see me as a friend anyway. I still had the beaded bracelet i made for her. I sighed, frowning a little. I felt avoided.

"What's wrong, yun?" minji asked as i looked at her. "It's nothing. Oh. I want to ask something about siwon. Do you know why hyejin and she are so close?" she shrugged as a reply.

"Wonsung does, probably. You can ask him!!" she said with a smile, not questioning my behaviour. That was very considerate of her. Sigh.. Time passed as we got to class eventually. Maybe siwon didnt talk with me because she had told me about the girl too much..? I didnt know.. Yet it didnt seem okay for some reason. She was hiding something, specifically from me. Maybe i could talk with her..? Maybe..

----

wonsung's pov

It was soon breaktime. "Have you seen aryun? She hasn't been around since breaktime started. She wanted this one book to read from me," ilsung said to me. I just nodded, looking around. "Yeah she must be in the restroom i suppose."

"I saw her going upstairs actually, she probably went to the rooftop." he said as he handed the book to me. "Why the fuck are you giving this to me?!"

"Give it to her please, i have something else to do bro please please-" he came to my face as i sighed and pushed him away. "Ew okay please, go fuck off somewhere else-"

"Bro, you like my brother. Doesnt that mean you technically like me too? Come on, i'm also as handsome." i rolled my eyes. "Not even a bit bro, no cap" i chuckled as i saw him being pissed off.
"Damn, i'm just leaving," he showed me his middle finger as he left. I just chuckled in response. With the book in my hand.. I realized something.

It was the same book seungho hyung had in his shelf, that one romance story book. Woah.. Did they have similar taste or something? Crazy. Without giving it some thought, i went upstairs to go to the rooftop to check if aryun was there.

I opened the door quietly to see. I saw Aryun standing at the edge from behind, just staring at the sky.

That was when it hit me. Again. Once again. It hit me. My froze without any words as the breeze went through my body, just like that noon. They looked.. Oddly similar.

I began to scratch my right elbow out of anxiety without realizing. My legs felt numb. I saw her again, maybe it was my hallucination. My mistake. It felt real. I widened my eyes as my heart went empty. She looked at me.

"You've been a good brother, sungsung. Don't ever blame yourself because of me."

"It was never your fault."

"Tell me, sung. What is the point of living when.. I will die eventually? I dont want to be a burden to my family.. Do you get me, sung?"