four| my sisters

chapter four: my sisters
aka family reunion!!

Elaina woke up in the back of an ambulance outside her apartment building. Her vision blurry, she couldn't make out any people near her and panicked. "Chad?" She shouted, needing her best friend.

Stepping into the vehicle, relief filled his body. "Hey Lain, I'm right here."

"I feel like shit." Elaina said, voice slightly slurring. "But now I can actually hear and see."

An EMT joined Chad and Elena. "Hey Elaina, I'm Nick. How do you feel?"

Elaina reached for Chad's hand, and he took it. "I don't know. Not that bad, but I feel like I'm going to throw up and my head feels weird. Oh my god, is that an IV in my arm? Those gross me out."

"Yeah, it is. But that's normal, feeling like that. Do you remember what happened?" The EMT asked.

"Not really. I was in the living room watching my dead friend fall on my other best friend and then I was on a ladder going to cute boy's apartment." Elaina explained.

"Cute boy?" Nick asked, looking at Chad.

"Uh, Danny." He clarified, getting a nod from Nick.

"Okay. Well you somehow hit your head and lost consciousness. I was talking to Danny, and he said that he tried to keep you talking, but you threw up and then passed out. You have a concussion, we just have to do a few quick tests, then you should be good to go. Nothing bad, just talking stuff." The EMT informed.

After another hour or so, Elaina's head had 3 staples in it and she was sitting with Mindy, Chad, and Tara on the back of one of the ambulances. Elaina had found out Anika died, and barely moved a muscle. Her brain was going through so much, that nothing felt real. Elaina has derealized before, but after being attacked by ghostface again, it was going to be a lot worse. She doesn't know if she'll make it out okay this time.

Suddenly, Chad shoots up and makes his way towards where the scene is cut off, and Elaina sees Chad pin Ethan against a car.

"Where were you?" Chad asks, grip on Ethan tight.

"What, when?" Ethan replies, panicked.

"Last night."

"I-I had econ, you know this." Ethan says.

Chad lifts Ethan off the car just to slam him back into it. "Bullshit, man! You disappear and my sisters almost get killed."

"Dude, I was literally in a study hall with 100 other people in it. You can ask any of them." Ethan explains.

Chad reluctantly lets him go, and Ethan sees the body bags. "Oh my god. Who?"

"Anika. And Quinn." Chad answers.

Elaina walks up to the two boys.

"Elaina! What happened? Are you okay?" Ethan panics.

"Hey, I'm fine. Just a concussion. I feel absolutely horrible right now, though. But we're all okay." Elaina says.

"What about-" Ethan says, before Chad cuts him off.

"We're okay. Everyone's okay. No fucking way. Lain, Gale's here." Chad informs.

"What? Oh my god." Elaina says, going to go talk to Gale.

"Elaina!" Gale shouts, engulfing the girl into a hug. "Are you guys okay? I came as soon as I heard."

"I'm okay." Elaina says.

"You sure don't look like it." Gale says, holding the younger girl's face, checking for any cuts.