thirteen| answer me

chapter thirteen: answer me

tw!

mentions of drug use

"Come on!" Kirby shouted. "We're going to be late!"

Elaina came out of her room, shutting the door behind her. "It's just Gale's. She can't be mad, I don't think she's ever been on time for anything."

Kirby snickered. "I agree with that."

Almost two months had passed since the latest ghostface killings. The group still lived nearby, and Elaina temporarily moved in with Kirby, until the girl finished her freshman year at college. They were still as close as ever.

"It's almost your birthday." Kirby reminded Elaina.

"I know, I know." Elaina responded. "That's so gross though, like 19 is such a weird age."

Kirby laughed. "I wish I was 19."

"Well that makes one of us." Elaina mumbled. "I'm going out with some friends when we get back home by the way."

Kirby smiled. She was glad to see Elaina was being normal- being how she used to be. "Oo that's fun. With who?"

Elaina hesitated. "Uhm, just Chad and some people from our psych class. We're gonna go downtown to one of their houses and hang out."

"That's fun, I guess. When I was your age we always hung out at a friend's house and watched a bunch of movies and ate until we threw up." Kirby said.

Yeah, then those same friends tried to kill you.             "Gross." Elaina sassed.

"Elaina!" Gale said, hugging her.

"Hi Gale." Elaina smiled, with a dish of food in her hands.

Gale looked at it. "Please tell me you made that, I don't think I can eat anything Kirby cooks ever again."

Since Elaina made her way back into both of their lives, Gale and Kirby managed to get along quite well now. Maybe they were even friends.

"Still got that gun, Gale." Kirby joked. "But my food is way better than Lains, all she can make is ramen noodles."

"I think I liked it better when you guys hated each other." Elaina scoffed.

The three girls ate dinner and talked for hours. Honestly, Elaina couldn't wait to get out of there and go to her friends.

Elaina sat on an old leather couch, her body sinking into it underneath her weight. The familiar scent of alcohol and weed filled her nose, letting the girl relax and feel at home.

"How was dinner with your family?" Rayne asked, putting her arm around Elaina's warm body.

Elaina bit the inside of her cheek until she tasted blood. "It was good, I guess. It was super long though. Love them and all, but now that they're friends, all they do is talk."