chapter eleven| i need you

chapter eleven: i need you

aka ouch

"I think you're supposed to be dead." Quinn said, holding the knife to her brother's girlfriends' neck.   

"Yeah, well I think you are too." Elaina whispered.

"There she is! The snobby bitch has her voice again!" Quinn exclaimed.

Elaina just stood there. She didn't have it left in her to fight back. She had a broken foot, and numerous injuries from the very knife being held against her neck. Elaina Cooper was ready to give up.

"What are you waiting for, Quinn?" Elaina asked.

Quinn was about to say something before Elaina spoke again, "Just kill me if you're gonna, no need to waste both our time."

Quinn was surprised, to say the least. "Where's the fun in that?" 

"Well, you get to kill me. It seems like you enjoy that kinda stuff." Elaina murmured.

"You know, I really did like you, Elaina. You could've been here with us, doing the killing, instead of being hunted. But you had to ruin it, didn't you?" Quinn spoke.

Shoving Elaina forward, Quinn forced the girl to walk into the main room to find the others.

"Oh my god!" Elaina shouted, seeing Ethan being stabbed by Sam. "Ethan!"

Quinn didn't think twice. She stabbed Elaina, deep, in her stomach, and ran to kill Sam.

Elaina's breath hitched. "Fuck." 

She started walking over to Ethan, who was a good distance away, before seeing Kirby on the ground. Walking as fast as she could, the girl made her way to Kirby. "Kirby!"

No response.

"Kirby? Kirby, it's me. Wake up." Elaina sobbed, grabbing her hand.

Kirby's eyes fluttered open. "Oh my god, sweetie you're okay. Wait, are you bleeding?" 

Elaina looked down at her stomach, gushing blood. Somehow, it wasn't that painful. With adrenaline running through her system, all Elaina felt was uncomfortable and cold. "Yeah, but I'll be okay. We'll be okay."

Kirby felt relief wash over her, knowing Elaina was alive. Okay, definitely not. But she was alive and talking, so that was all that mattered. 

"Elaina!" Tara shouted, seeing her friend.

"Kid, go. They won't spend their time on me. I've been stabbed before, I'll be just fine." Kirby told Elaina.

"I can't." Elaina cried. 

"I'm not asking you. I'm telling you. Like I said, I'll be fine. Go, I can't lose you again. I need you, kid, and you need to be alive for that." Kirby spoke.

"I love you. I'll be back, I promise." Elaina said, getting up and stumbling over to Tara. 

"Wait, Ethan." Elaina whispered to herself, forgetting that he was hurt. Elaina looked around, but he was nowhere to be found. Half of Elaina was relieved, because if he was up and moving, he wasn't that hurt. The other half wanted him to be there. He was always so good at comforting Elaina.

 "Lain! Come on!" Tara shouted from the ladder. 

"I don't think I can." Elaina sobbed.

"What? Why?" Tara shouted.