chapter eight| i love you

chapter eight: i love you

aka: fuck this franchise

The next day, the group found themselves going back to the theater shrine, planning to trap Ghostface and kill him. Detective Bailey said to travel in public, but Elaina felt as if that was more dangerous.

"I still think we should just take a car." Elaina said as they were approaching the station.

"Why? I don't think the killer would kill us in public, trapped on a subway." Mindy said.

"Public hasn't stopped any ghostface before." Elaina mumbled.

In all honesty, Elaina did not want to go back. She wanted to go home and curl up in her bed, not caring if ghostface got her. She just didn't want to go to the shrine and see remembrance of her old boyfriend and former friend. God, she missed Wes and Amber more than she let on. If she were killed, at least she'd be with them. That's what Elaina was thinking about. She didn't want to live a life filled with murder and fear. Even if she did make it out of the theater alive, she doubted she would make it to her 20s. Slowly but surely, Elaina Cooper was giving up on life.

Hand tight around Ethan's, the two struggled through the crowd to stay with the group. "Ethan walk faster!"

Ethan was trying to get Elaina to let go of his hand on purpose. "Sorry, these places aren't really my thing."

Unfortunately, Ethan's plan did not work, and Elaina just held onto him tighter.

Fuck.

"Shit, we're getting separated." Elaina said, looking at her boyfriend.

You should be on the train, Lain. Only me and Mandy should be separated.

Elaina's eyes fell on her friend shouting to her brother. "Chad. Hey, Chad!"

Elaina took a deep breath. She loved them both dearly, but the last people she wanted to be alone with were Ethan and Mindy. Just Ethan would be fine- just Mindy would be fine. But both together? This was going to be a mess. "Well, Mindy's here too. You must be stoked."

Ethan let out a chuckle. "Definitely. It's okay, we'll get on the next one in a few minutes."

The couple made their way over to the lonely girl, Ethan tapping her shoulder.

Mindy gasped and quickly turned around, looking at the boy. "Ugh, God. Get your ghostass face away from me, ghostface."

As sick as it sounded, Ethan couldn't wait for Quinn to take care of Mindy. Ever since she started accusing Ethan, she's been unbearable.

Elaina sighed. "I'm gonna go talk to her for a minute, stay close, okay?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll be right here." Ethan replied, keeping his distance so Mindy wouldn't make anymore comments.

"Hey." Elaina said softly.

Mindy looked at her friend. "Hey."

Elaina didn't want the conversation to end. Ever since the killings started back up, the two friends have been drifting. "You really think it's him?"

Mindy didn't even hesitate. "Yeah, I do. He wasn't there that night, Lain. He was the only one out of the group missing."

Elaina knew Mindy had a point, however, she also knew Ethan actually had an Econ class at that time. "But he was with us the rest of the time. During the bodega, the calls, Gales."

"When is there ever one killer? Almost never."

There was silence for a minute after that.

"You really think he's innocent?"