twelve| dead

chapter twelve: dead

The Bailey family was no more.

Richie? Dead.

Quinn? Dead.

Wayne? Dead.

Ethan? Dead.

They were all dead. Suppose that's what happens when you fuck with the fine five.

"We need to find Elaina and Chad." Tara sobbed.

"We need to get out first." Sam said. She didn't want to tell her sister there was no way Chad was still alive. And for Elaina? She didn't know.

The main entrance door flew open. "Police!"

Behind a few cops, stood Danny. "I figured you guys needed backup."

Sam engulfed him into an emotion filled hug.

"I called Mount Sinai. Mindy and Gale are gonna be okay." Danny informed the sisters and Kirby.

"We got two still breathing!" A paramedic shouted.

"Oh my god, Elaina." Kirby mumbled, rushing over to the paramedic.

Elaina Cooper, the girl who once could light up a room simply walking into it. The girl who could put a smile on anyone's face, even if she didn't have her own. The girl who everyone loved and cared for. Elaina Cooper lay practically dead on the floor.

"Guys, I know who the killers are!" Mindy shouted, running to the Carpenters, Kirby, and Chad. "It's Ethan and Bailey."

Tara half smiled. "And Quinn."

Mindy sighed. "And Quinn? Fuck, did I miss the monologue again? Oh my god, are you okay?"

Chad weakly nodded from the stretcher.

Mindy panicked. "Elaina?"

"They took her already. She's barely fucking alive. I don't know what's gonna happen." Sam explained.

Mindy let out a sob, and got in the back of the ambulance with her twin.

"Hello?" Elaina shouted.

No response.

"Someone, please!" She sobbed.

Elaina didn't know what was happening. She seemed to be in the middle of nowhere- literally. It wasn't dark, per say, but it was empty. Just simply nothing. It's hard to explain if you haven't lived through it. Elaina Cooper was stuck in the horrors of her mind, fighting off death. Of course, she didn't know this. Elaina had no recollection of the events leading up to her death- almost death?

Wherever she looked, the girl was looking at the same thing. Emptiness.

"Lain." A soft voice spoke.

Elaina turned around, to see Wes standing in front of her. "Oh my god, Wes!"

The two shared a long, love filled hug.

"What's happening?" Elaina asked.

Wes took a deep breath. "I wish I could explain. I really wish I could."

Another tear fell from Elaina's face. "At least try."

"You're kinda stuck between life and death, I guess. I know it's confusing and seems fake, but it's what's happening."