Chapter 13- Two Davies'

~Daryl's POV~

Maggie and I had been riding for half an hour- although Beca's house was two miles away, it was not an easy route to take. We finally reached a house that seemed as though it had been deserted for years because there was nothing around- no cars, no walkers, no signs of life at all. No Beca?

"Maggie, I don't think she came through here, there's nothin' round here" I explained my doubts.

"I don't know where else she could be though- let's at least take a look inside first?"

We tied up the horses to the old wooden fence that was just about still standing and started to walk towards the front door.

We acted with caution being careful at every turn in case there were any walkers near by- with the front of my shoe I gave the door a slight nudge and it swung open wide on its hinges.

"keep your eyes pealed, who knows how many walkers are in here" I warned

"Daddy said they're not bad, just sick" Maggie tried to explain

"Well no offence darlin', your daddy's deluded"

I'm pretty sure the comment offended her but I was past caring, I just wanted to find Beca. We heard loud chuckling coming from one of the rooms upstairs which meant there was either more than one person in the house or one crazy son of a bitch. Either way I wasn't taking any chances and had my crossbow loaded before Maggie and I ascended up the stairs.

"It's coming from Beca's old room" Maggie whispered so the person/people wouldn't hear her.

The door to said room was open so I cautiously took the lead and peered round the door frame to see what fate awaited myself and Maggie.

~Beca's POV~

"I've been gone a couple hours, you two really missin' me that much you had to form a search party?" I joked as I saw Daryl peer round the door frame and then make a grand entrance with Maggie not far behind.

"Ye really think this is somethin' to joke about? I thought you were dead Beca!" Daryl yelled.

I looked over to the young man sitting next to me and sighed.

"You see what I mean now?"

"Who the fuck is this kid anyway?!" Daryl demanded

"Jealous and a worrier, you did well there Becs, don't panic buddy, you don't need to worry, I'm not goin' to steal your girl. But I am probably the only guy that could convince her to break up with you just by clicking my fingers so watch your tone mate."

"You, shut it, you know only Greene has that kind of power" I joked winking at Maggie, knowing that she too was in the loop and it was only Daryl that didn't get the joke.

"Daryl Dixon, meet the asshole that I've had the fortune of knowing my whole life- this is Jake, Jake Davies- my big brother" I said chuckling as Daryl suddenly went sheepish realising his jealously was very misplaced.

"I've heard a lot about you in the past hour-ish, so much so this lil' shit forgot to tell me that she'd actually found the rest of our family" Jake joked as he embraced Maggie in a bone crushing hug.

"I was savin' that news till last" I said chuckling.

After Maggie and Jake had had a quick catchup, Daryl suggested that we headed back to the farm as he reminded me of the small child who I'd let down and had been worried about me for the past few hours. A crippling pain sunk into my stomach as the reality hit me that I'd let Carl down, that kid probably had more faith in me than the whole group put together and I'd let him down and broken promises.