Chapter 2- Sharing

~Beca's POV~

After dinner I spent the evening with Lori and Carl; Lori was telling me all about her husband Rick while Carl and I were playing Go Fish.

"Ha! I win again!" Carl bragged- I don't understand how I keep losing to someone half my age.

"Yeah, yeah. You juss play this game too much" I said sticking my tongue out.

Lori laughed as she watch us both act like five year olds.

"C'mon Carl, bedtime now, say goodnight to Beca" Lori said turning to her son.

"Okay." Carl sighed reluctantly, "goodnight beca" Carl embraced me for a hug and then trudged off to their tent.

As I said goodnight to Lori, Shane approached us. "We're a little tight for sleeping arrangements so ya'll have to share with Daryl while Merle isn't here until we work somethin' more permanent out."

Lori laughed before whispering to me: "I'm sure neither of you will mind." She walked away and turned back to wink before proceeding into her tent.

Great, just great. Sharing with Daryl, what could possibly go wrong? I walked towards him and Shane and before I could even open my mouth he nodded his head towards the tent I presumed to be his and walked back to the campfire.

Instead of following him I climbed on top of the RV where Dale was sitting, he gave me a warm smile as he saw me climb to the top of the ladder and I sat next to him.

"Hey Dale." I said with a slight smile at the corner of my lips.

"Hello Beca, you settled in okay?"

"About as well as to be expected I guess, everyone seems very nice."

As I said this Dale gave me what looked to be a small concerned expression.

"Let's hope it stays that way then, I'm going to turn in for the night, I'll get Shane to take watch- goodnight Beca."
As he climbed down the ladder I watched him walk over to Shane, I could've sworn I saw him stiffen slightly as he spoke to Shane.

I made my way over to the campfire and sat next to Amy who gave me a massive grin, she nudged my arm slightly and motioned her head behind me, I turned my head to see Daryl staring at me out the corner of his eye.
"You're one of the only people round here he's shown any interest in, feel lucky." Amy said and got up to go to her tent.

Not two minutes after Amy had left someone else sat beside me, I looked up to see the scruffy haired redneck next to me and he gave me a small smile which I happily returned.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before a small voice came from behind us.

"Beca I can't sleep." Sure enough Carl was stood behind is pouting. I couldn't help but chuckle at the puppy dog face he was pulling.

"Alright buddy, come sit with us for a bit, does your mum know you're out hear?"

"Nope"

"Carl you can't juss leave without telling her, stay her for a minute and I'll tell her."

When I returned from Lori's tent I could hear Carl and Daryl laughing- I had no idea what was going on but I was determined to find out.

"What's so funny?" I asked

"Nothin' for ye to worry about." Daryl smirked and winked at me.

Carl on the other hand was so reluctant to tell me. "Me and Daryl were juss saying how pretty you are but then he ruined it by saying your eyes reminded him of seaweed."

"Charming!" I said trying to sound and look as wounded as possible.

"C'mon, some seaweed can be a real nice green colour." Daryl said, clearly trying to win me over but failing harshly.

~~~

After Carl had gone to bed it was only Daryl and I left up, I was pretty much falling asleep but I'd lost all feeling in my legs so couldn't be bothered to move.

It was then I felt a very muscular pair of arms embrace me and carry me bridal style to the tent.

"Daryl what're you doing!?" I laughed.

"Ye were basically falling asleep so I thought I'd save ye the trouble of walkin'" he said smirking.

As he placed me down gently on the of the sleeping bags, he took his boots and shirt off and lay next to me. I didn't question it though and soon found myself drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woo! Second chapter finished c:
I hope you like it! Sorry it's a bit short, I'm typing it on my phone.
Vote comment and follow!