Chapter 5- Caring

~Beca's POV~

As we came to the building that Rick and the others had previously been in we climbed the flights of stairs to get to where Merle would hopefully be waiting for us but it did however seem far too quiet. We came to the last flight of stairs and Daryl sprinted up them taking them two at a time, T-Dog passed him the bolt cutters and he ran through the door with the rest of us following closely behind. 

"NO! NO! NO!" Daryl screamed as he saw that all remained of Merle was his hand with a blunt hack saw next to it. 

I ran to Daryl who was now screaming and cursing at the group, he raised his crossbow to T-Dog and Rick raised his gun to Daryl. 

"Put the fucking weapons down!" Glenn and I said at the same time. 

"Look, there's a trail of blood so he was still alive." I bent down to take a closer look at the blood. 

"It's still fresh so he must be around somewhere." I stated and wiped the blood off my finger onto my leggings. 

Before we left Daryl wrapped up Merle's hand and put it into Glenn's backpack. Ugh. Daryl and I took the lead following the trail while the others followed closely behind. 

We proceeded into a different room where there was a stove still lite and what looked to be burnt flesh around it. 

"Eugh, what's that burnt stuff?" Glenn asked.

"Burnt flesh" I answered trying hard not to throw up. 

As Glenn gagged when I told him I gave him a sympathetic and walked up to him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. Daryl started laughing at Glenn's reaction so I elbowed him as hard as I could in his stomach, giving him a sickly smile I then turned my attention's back to Glenn. 

Daryl walked towards the broken window in front of us.

"Look's like he got outta 'ere, ain't no one who can kill Merle but Merle."

"I wouldn't be so sure, anyone can pass out from blood loss, no matter how strong they are." Rick argued

"We'll carry on looking for a couple more blocks though." I said trying to reassure Daryl we wouldn't give up.

"Gun's first- no arguments" Rick stated firmly. 

We made our way into a different room and began to make a plan. Glenn grabbed a Marker pen and a map and began marking the plan out on the map, explaining to us as he went along. 

He was fucking crazy.

"Glenn, you've got to be fuckin' kiddin' me, this'll never work!" I argued. 

"Trust me, it's a good plan! Okay, so this is how it'll go: Daryl, Beca and I will be down this alleyway here." Glenn started and marked the alley on the map. 

"Woah, woah, woah, why am I stuck babysittin' Beca?" argued Daryl. 

"You two have the crossbows, they're much quieter than the guns that T and Rick have."

"You won't be babysittin' me Daryl, if anythin' it'll be the other way round." I said smirking at him and he gave me a look that could kill. 

"Rick and T, I want you two down here and I run for the bag, I'll be faster if I'm on my own." 

"wait, why're we two blocks away?" Asked Rick. 

"If something happens and the walkers start to block off the way I came so I can't get back to Daryl and Beca then I need you two further away so I stand a better chance." Glenn explained.