Chapter 12- Missing

Hey guys! 

I know it's been a very long time since I've updated and I'm so sorry for that! I am aware I kept promising to update and didn't so I'm so sorry /.\ 

However-this is an actual update!!! I just want to say a quick thank you to you guys for sticking with this story even though I'm terrible when it comes to updates and I would also like to say thank you to those of you that have messaged me or left comments on the story to give me your opinions/creative criticism-I do appreciate all feedback as that is what is going to help me improve my writing and make this  better story :)

So without any further delay, on with the chapter!

~Beca's POV~ 

I'd been tossing and turning in my sleep all night although I'm still not quite sure why, the group was finally in a safe place and I was finally with my family at long last. Things couldn't be more perfect. 

I glanced at the stilling ticking clock that hung on my bedroom wall-if the clock was right then that meant it was quarter to seven in the morning, I guess I might as well get up. 

As I swung my legs over the side of the bed a croaky voice came from the side of me making my heart skip a beat.

"Ye know it's rude to run out on someone when ye sleep wit 'em." Daryl joked.

"Lucky you didn't get laid then, huh?" I said turning to face him and winking. 

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Daryl grumbled as he rolled back over, presumably to try and get some more sleep. 

I pulled on a shirt and a fresh pair of Jeggings that were in my drawers and made my way downstairs where, to my surprise, the Greene family were already awake making breakfast whilst Glenn lay his head on the kitchen table complaining because Maggie woke him up too early. 

"Sorry Glenn, I should've told you last night that Maggie gets up super early" I said laughing at his endless complaints.

"Well in that case Bec, we can swap-you share with Maggie and I'll share with Daryl" He said in a half joking half serious tone.

"You know what sweetie, something tells me Daryl wouldn't be too happy about that plan" I replied. 

"Eh, worth a shot"

Chuckling at Glenn's last comment, I walked into the kitchen to lend a hand with breakfast and say good morning to everyone. 

"Beca, would you like to invite the rest of your group down for breakfast this morning? We've made plenty to go around" Hershel said with a smile.

"That's very kind of you, thank you Hershel, I'll go and tell them now. Glenn, go wake Daryl up for me while I go and get the others" I called running out the door so he wouldn't have time to object. 

I jogged down towards camp and to my surprise everyone was already awake, I stopped when I'd reached the middle of camp and in that same second I felt someone cling onto my waist. I looked down and to no surprise there stood my favourite kid in this world-Carl. I looked down at him and smiled, an action he then reciprocated back. 

"Guys, Hershel, Beth and Maggie have made everyone breakfast; it should be ready in a few minutes so if you wanna make your way down to the house then that'd be great" I announced to the group.

"That's mighty kind of them, c'mon everyone, lets head down" Rick ordered and with that everyone started to take a slow walk up to the farmhouse.