Chapter 7- Jealousy

~Beca's POV~ 

I woke up to hear both shuffling inside and outside of the tent, I rolled over onto my other side to see what all the commotion was about.

"Finally awake then" Daryl scoffed.

I did not however give him a response, I sat up and quickly pulled my boots on and made my way towards the exit of the tent but Daryl grabbed my arm before I could leave.

"I'm sorry, alright, I jumped to the wrong conclusions."

"No Daryl, you were jealous and pigheaded." I then quickly pulled my arm out of his lose grasp, grabbed my crossbow and made my way outside. 

Straight away I was bombarded by people asking me questions but I chose not to answer any and made my way straight over to the campfire to see the only two people I could be bothered with at the moment: Carl and Glenn. 

"Sooo, how'd it go?" Glenn asked, I presumed he was referring to last night.

"Ugh, I've never known a man to be so fuckin' childish, I swear to God, if he wasn't so hot I would've happily punched him in the face but it seemed a shame to ruin something so hot." I said laughing.

However no sooner had I said this I regretted it straight away because not only did Glenn and Carl hear it but it's just my luck that as I said it Shane, Rick and Daryl were walking behind me. To use the phrase 'Fuck my life' would be an understatement right now.

"Well... It's nice to know my face is safe" Daryl snickered.

Great, Daryl's big-headedness is back, that's all I need. I picked up my bow and stood up.

"I'm goin' huntin'" I muttered pushing my way past Daryl only to have him follow me.

"What do you want Daryl, I'm not in the mood for your shit okay so jus..." 

"Will ye shup for a second and let someone else have a turn speakin', Jesus Christ woman!" I put my bow on my back and had both hands on my hips.

"okay, I'm listening."

"Look, I don't know why I got jealous about the whole Shane thing, but what I do know is the thought of ye bein' with him is messin' with my head, I know I didn't handle it very well but I don't know what else to do other than lash out."

"Well, to be honest Daryl there ain't much I can do until you figure out why it's buggin' you so much, I don't like Shane like that okay, but I'm one of the only people that is givin' him a chance at the moment and I'm not goin' to ruin that 'cause you don't know how to deal with whatever it is you're feelin'." And with that I left to go into the forest for a hunt.

~Daryl POV~ 

"Rick, can I talk to ye? It's important"

"Yeah sure, I'll be back in a sec Carl, go find your mum." I quickly lead Rick into the RV which was empty for the time being.

"Can I talk to ye, about Beca.." I trailed off

"Sure, I don't know if I'm the best person to ask though, I haven't spoken to her much, you might be better off talking to Lori or Glenn really."

"It's not exactly about 'er but about how I'm feeling towards 'er"

"Ohh, so you got yourself a little crush aye." Rick said winking.

"c'mon man, I'm bein' serious, I don't know what this shit is but it's causin' too much tension."

"Well, if you want me to be honest I think you both have feelings for each other, whether or not you'll both admit it or not is a different story." With that Rick got up and left but as soon as he did he walked straight over to Glenn and both of them glanced over to me and smirked. Great.