Chapter 4- Truth Time

~Beca's POV~

"Shane! Don't fucking walk away from me! I'm probably the only person willing to listen to you right now, Shane!"

I gabbed his arm, forcing him to turn and face me, when he did so it was only then I could see the tears streaming down his face.

"What! What do you want me to say Beca? He was in a coma, I ran to that fucking hospital to try and get him out! I didn't know what to do, I listened for a heartbeat but I couldn't hear one so what the fuck was I meant to do? I had to get Lori and Carl out of there and do you honestly think they would've come with me if I told them Rick was still alive?!"

I stood there in front of him, completely shocked and speechless, I had no idea what to say. As he turned to walk away i pulled his arm back.

"I get it, okay, honestly I do and if you tell them that then Rick and Lori will to but.."

"Beca c'mon, I need the squirrels!" Daryl shouted to me.

When I looked back to where Shane was stood he was already gone. Sighing, i took the squirrels from me shoulder and threw them to Daryl.

As we walked back into camp Daryl shouted to Merle, who we presumed was there. Shane then approached Daryl saying that he needed to talk to him about Merle, I saw this as my queue to leave and went to find Amy.

When I found her she was sitting in front of the RV with who I presumed to be her sister Andrea.

"Hey, I'm Beca." I said as I approached the two.

"Andrea." She said giving me a half smile.

As we were greeting each other I heard Daryl yelling from behind us.

"Either he is or he ain't!"

Rick went on to tell him how they'd handcuffed Merle to the top of a building and T-Dog explained as calmly as he could to Daryl that he had been the one who dropped the key down the drain but he had locked the door behind him so no walkers could get at Merle.

"If that's suppose to make me feel better it don't!" Daryl yelled.

Thinking about what Amy had said yesterday about me being the only person Daryl made any effort with I went over to comfort him.

"Daryl he could still be alive." I said trying to find a way to calm him down.

"To hell with all of ya'll!" He shouted and stalked over to the campfire.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, I didn't know how I could help make this better. I walked over to Shane and Rick who were having what appeared to be a very heated discussion.

"Why would you risk your life for a douche-bag like Merle Dixon?"

"Hey, choose ya words carefully!"

"No, douche-bag's what I meant."

As Rick explained he'd dropped a bag full of guns he then asked Glenn if he would go to the city with him to retrieve it. Glenn reluctantly agreed and T-Dog also volunteered.

"So while the four of you are in the city what the fuck are we meant to do!" Shane demanded.

"Might as well make that five, I've got nothin' better to be doing." I said

"No! No fuckin' way, ye ain't comin'!" Daryl protested.

"And why the hell not!"

"'cause I don't want ye to get hurt that's why!"

"Well that's a fucking shame Daryl because I'm comin' whether you like it or not." With that I walked into the RV, picked up my crossbow and stood next to Glenn who was now leaning on the car.

"Great, so that's five of you going, Rick, I'm not being funny but you're taking some of the only people who'd be able to defend this camp if we got attacked, what are we meant to do if that happens and you're gone?"

Glenn and I then tuned out as we couldn't be bothered to listen to Rick and Shane arguing.

"I'm Glenn" He said smiling at me with his hand out for me to shake.

"Hey, I'm Beca, Dale and Shane have told me all about you." I said smiling, shaking his hand.

We were now all ready to go and I climbed into the back with Daryl and T-dog while Glenn was riding up front with Rick.

We'd been driving for what must've been at least half an hour when Rick pulled the truck to a nice slow stop and we hopped out the back.

I was last to climb out and was very surprised when Daryl offered me a hand. However when I refused it, he picked me up by my waist and lifted me down.

Without saying a word he then went up front with Rick who was taking the lead while I was at the back getting to know T-Dog and Glenn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that's chapter four done! :)

In the next chapter Daryl and Beca will be alone for a little bit so there'll be some very interesting conversations happening!

So what do you guys think?

Has Beca truly accepted Shane's story?

Will Daryl get even more protective when Beca is put in danger?

How will Daryl react to Glenn and Beca becoming very close?

Will Beca actually stay with the group?

Will there be any conflict among the group?

Let me know what you think!

Vote, comment and follow!