Chapter Seven

Every operatives day was rather uneventful. Besides the quick and easy rescue mission, nothing was worth noting. Everyone got into bed as they usually would, ready to start a new day.
As everyone was just falling asleep, loud screams filled the ship and woke everyone up. They all rushed with the first weapon they could get their hands on out to the living quarters to find that the shock collars on Hoagie and XWSI10 were being repeatedly activated, inflicting a continuous shock on the two.
Every operative froze in shock, unable to process what was going on. Thankfully, Kuki had grabbed a weapon that could saw off the collars, and as soon as she snapped back she carefully sawed them off.
Both laid on the floor, blood dripping from their noses. Chad grabbed the cut collars and sighed.

"Guess he found out they left..."

"I told Numbuh Two that one day, his own expert technology would be used against him," Abby examined one of the collars, "and I guess today was that day."

"We're extremely far from Nigel, how the hell did he manage to trigger the collars from such a distance?!"

Hoagie pulled himself up with what little strength he had to butt into the conversation.
"I know, pretty cool, right?" He smirked. "I-It took a lot of work, but I managed to make it detect signals, even from long distances."

"Cool?! It could've killed you!" Chad boomed, "and it woke us up! We need sleep, you know!"

"Now now, it's not that big of a deal..." Abby glanced down at the two weak operatives, "they survived, and that's good enough. There's no way we could've predicted the collars being used against us."

The four stood there and crossed their arms, watching as Hoagie and XWSI10 tried to lift themselves up.

"Are you two going to be okay?"

The two of them managed a pathetic nod of agreement.

"Great. Kids Next Door, dismissed... You're all free to sleep."

Everyone headed back towards their rooms, except for Kuki. Kuki remained there with them and tended to them, making sure there wasn't anything wrong with them.
She pulled Hoagie along back to his room so he could rest comfortably. She covered him with a thin blanket and smiled.

"There you go! Rest up!"

"I don't think I'm gonna be resting... That shock was enough to make me wide awake."

Kuki let out chuckle, "oh, silly me... Don't worry, your screams made me wide awake, too. I can stay with you if you'd like."

"That'd be nice. You know I like company."

Kuki continued to smile down at Hoagie, before her smile faded. She rubbed her arm nervously, which had caught Hoagies attention.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, no... Everything's okay," she mumbled, "it's just, something Chad found yesterday that I've been thinking about..."

"What did he find?"

"Well, uh... You know how he took Numbuh Fours old room, and everything?"

Hoagie made an affirmative noise.

"So he found this recording of sorts, from Numbuh Four, just a little bit before what happened..." She sat down on Hoagies bed. "He gave it to me, and what was on it really made me think..."

"What was on it? Did he predict what would happen to him?"

"No, no... Nothing like that. It was a 'coming out' tape."

Hoagie raised his eyebrow, "we all know he was bisexual."

"It wasn't about being bisexual, it was about being po- polyem- polymor-..."