Chapter Twelve

"What is WRONG with you?!"

Fanny winced at the ringing noise Nigel caused in her ears with his unnecessarily loud boom.

"What?! I didn't do anything!"

"That's exactly the problem! Maybe you should've been paying attention when Lizzie snapped the connections!"

Nigel's head hit the powered down control panel with a loud clank. If he had hair, he'd be ruffling it with anger. Unfortunately for him, he couldn't do that. He just pulled on his ears with anger and looked back up at Fanny.

"I wish I didn't have to hurt them..."

"What do you mean? I thought that was your goal, was to... You know, hurt them."

"No way! - well... I really don't have a choice..."

"What the hell do you mean, 'I don't really have a choice'?! You are a pure ball of confusion!"

"Look, I don't want to hurt them, but they're insistent on stopping the GKND. The GKND is the top of the organization, and being a loyal member of the KND... I have no choice but to use deadly force if they refuse to comply."

Fanny tapped her foot. "Have you ever thought that, I dunno... The GKND's in the wrong?-"

"NONSENSE!"

Nigel shoved anything not hammered down on the control panel off onto the floor and wagged a finger in Fanny's face, before going back to his sulk.

"Did you... Did you see what I did to him?"

"Uh... Which 'him'? There's a few you could be-"

"I only blew off one of their arms, Number Eighty-Six!" Nigel slammed his fist against the panel and yelped with pain. "Sorry, sorry..."

"Hey, they're quite the techy person. With the help of their team, I'm sure they'll get some sort of prosthetic arm."

"That's if they survived... I mean, that was half of his arm I blew off! He might've just bled out before they could do anything for him..."

Fanny didn't really know what to say to her commander. She hated it when people were all angsty around her, but she couldn't exact tell him to shut up. She couldn't relate to him all that much, but she felt at least a little bad for him, just because she had lost Rachel over this entire thing. Not quite as bad as what Nigel was going through, but it was enough to ensure she wouldn't leave the room or slap him across the face for his vents.

"I feel horrible for everyone I'm going against. I would've taken the whole situation with Wally more lightly if they were just asking me to kidnap him and use mind control on him or something - but no! They wanted me to experiment with curses that would turn him into an anatomic abomination!"

"I thought that was your idea."

"If it was my idea, Wally wouldn't have abnormally large bowels and one split kidney. I don't really think mutating him like that was necessary..."

"Oh, thank god you know that wasn't humane." Fanny laughed. "I was so worried you were in full support of turning that stinkin' boy into an even stinkier creature."

"Look, I did what I could to reverse it. The GKND had no orders for what I would do if he escaped, so I did what I wanted to do - revert as much of the curse as I could."

"Right, right... So that's why we chased them around only for you to end up turning him from a werewolf to a furry?"

"Yes- wait, furry? You realize it's not a costume, right?-"