Chapter 11- Axel's POV

A/N: I promise. I am working on this story. However, I have been working on others more. If you want me to update this before I actually do, feel free to tell me to update, but please give me about three days to do so.

Thanks

~Rissa

_______________________________________________________________________________

As soon as I pulled the van into the garage and parked it, Lizzie bolted out of the car after she unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the car door, taking my heart with her.

Pain and guilt filled my body, but I didn't say a word while I took the keys out of the ignition and opened my door to get out. I took off my seatbelt and bit back a sigh while I started to slowly get out of the car, wondering if she would ever forgive me and let me stay.

"Papa?" Lisa asked while I opened one of the sliding doors to the van so that my children could get out. Her voice was soft while she looked at me, her eyes wide, and I could tell that she was worried about me, even though I didn't want them to be.

I forced a smile on my face so that I would not worry my children, but I knew that it didn't work while they stared at me, concerned.

"Are you going to be ok?" Lisa asked and cocked her head while she studied me with intelligent brown eyes.

"Of course," I said and nodded, even though I wasn't fine. I furrowed my brows and looked at them, pretending to be confused with their concern. "Why wouldn't I be?"

They stayed silent and looked at each other before they looked at me. They didn't believe me; I could tell, and I had no idea how to soothe their minds and make them not worried about me.

"I am," I insisted before I cleared my throat and looked away from them to gather myself before I looked at them again and smiled. "Come on and let's get out of the car so that we can get you all situated with homework and food."

'Axel, Zeke, Cage, and I are here,' my sister linked me while my children groaned and slouched in their seats. 'I made food.'

Confusion filled her voice, and I had a feeling that it was because Liz had run past them without anyone in tow, which wasn't like her at all.

"Your aunt is here," I said and helped the younger ones out of the car, "so is your uncle and Cage."

"Does that mean that we can do homework later?" Brett asked, hopeful. "I mean, we do have guests over."

"You all will have a snack and then do your homework," I replied. "However, you are going to have to get it done before you can play outside."

"Now which aunt is it?" Ridge asked. He looked around before he looked at me, trying but failing to look innocent. "I'm asking for a friend."

"Liar," Lisa said and narrowed her eyes at her brother. "You don't want to see an aunt for some reason. What did you do?"

Ridge didn't say a word and looked at me with innocent eyes. His heart pounded steadily in his chest, but I could tell that he was hiding something from me.

"Ridge," I warned and narrowed my eyes at him while I scowled, even though I was amused. "What did you do?"

Ridge cleared his throat and shifted in his seat while he looked away from me. "Nothing," he said, "unusual."

I raised an eyebrow in question. "Unusual?" I asked, and he nodded in confirmation. "What did you do?"

"I was a pain in the butt," he said and shrugged, indifferently. "She threatened to come over and kick me in the balls, so if it is Maggie, then I am not home."