Chapter 13- Axel's POV

I moved my hand through my hair and sighed, tired and missing my mate. "Enter," I said, hearing a knock on the door.

The door opened, and someone walked in and shut the door behind them. "You ok, Majesty?" someone, Cage, asked. "You look annoyed."

"I am tired, not annoyed," I said. I moved my hand across the back of my neck and sighed before I shook my head. "What do you want, Cage?" I asked and looked at him.

"To see how you were," he replied and sat down in the chair across from my desk, "and to annoy you." He was about to put his feet on my desk but stopped when he caught my look.

I blinked and looked down at the work that I still had to do before I looked at him. "Good luck," I replied before I picked up my pen and started to continue what I was doing. "It will take a lot to annoy me."

"It doesn't for Liz," Cage pointed out, and I bit back a chuckle and slowly nodded because that was true. "She gets annoyed easily."

"Hmph."

He grew serious and became silent, so I started to continue with my work, writing invitations for others, wanting to get most of them done before I had to leave.

"Why are you not upset with me about calling you Majesty?" Cage asked randomly and raised an eyebrow.

I shrugged, debating on whether or not to tell him the truth before I sighed and shook my head. "I don't know," I admitted before I moved a hand through my hair and shook my head, clearing my throat. "I know that there is a reason, especially because this has to deal with Liz."

Cage raised an eyebrow and leaned forward, impressed. "What do you mean?" he asked, and there was a little excitement in his voice while he studied me. "Do you know tha-"

"I can't," I said, interrupting him. "I can't know." I set my pen down and stared at the male in front of me, who was part of the original bloodline like my mate and children. "It is not safe."

Cage stared at me with an open mouth and an awed expression on his face. He blinked and blinked again, trying to comprehend what I told him and what I didn't.

I sighed and moved a hand through my hair before I shook my head. "It's not safe for me to know or know what I have figured out," I said. "Not even Harrison knows what I know, and if he does, then he won't question me on it."

"But you do know something?"

I nodded and stayed silent.

"Then why don't you say what you know?" Cage asked while he furrowed his brows and cocked his head. "What's so important that you have to keep it a secret from everyone, including your mate?"

My heart ached when he mentioned my mate, and all I wanted to do was go over to where she was and beg for forgiveness, even though I hadn't done anything wrong and had only changed plans for that weekend for the greater good.

"Well?" Cage asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

"To protect Liz," I said. "She can't shift in front of me yet, and I can't know about that or anything that has to deal with her until she does."

Cage shifted in his seat and looked uncomfortable. "Has she shifted yet?" he asked, and something in his voice said that he knew something.

I narrowed my eyes and scowled, and he again shifted and looked nervous. "Has she?" I asked and raised an eyebrow.

Cage sighed and slowly moved his head closer to his chest. "She hasn't," he said, and I could tell that he was lying, "not yet."

I didn't respond and made sure that my face was blank. I didn't give out any indication that I knew that he was lying and didn't give myself a chance to wonder why he was.

I knew why he was lying. I knew that it was because she couldn't tell or show me that she had shifted until the time was right, and I respected that.

Cage sighed and moved a hand through his hair before he cleared his throat. "Does Harrison know what you "know," or are you keeping it from him?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Keeping it away from him," I replied. "He doesn't know and doesn't need to know that I know some things." I cleared my throat and moved a hand through my hair. "I hope that means you'll keep this away from him too." I gave him a pointed look, and Cage smirked and nodded.

"I won't tell him, Majesty," he said and bowed his head. He cleared his throat and grew serious. "When will you tell him that you know about everything or at least the stuff that you know but don't want to think about?" he asked.

I grimaced and shrugged. "Not sure," I said and leaned back in my seat. I cleared my throat and moved a hand through my hair. "I think once my mate shifts, then I will tell him. However, until then, I will keep these thoughts to myself until it's deemed safe."

Cage gave me a pointed look, and I raised an eyebrow in question. "You told me what you are going through," he said, "or at least what you know."

"Not everything," I replied. "I told you that I didn't let myself know some things." I gave him a pointed look, and he shrugged and stayed silent while he pondered what I said.

"But what if it was something dire?" Cage asked and leaned back in his seat. "Would you tell someone then?"

I sighed before I shrugged and cleared my throat. "I don't know," I replied, truthfully. "It would have to be something dire and of great importance for me to tell someone what I know or have figured out on my own."

Cage slowly nodded and cleared his throat. "And until then?" he asked and raised an eyebrow.

"I wait," I replied. "I will wait for my questions to get answered because I know that they will get answers in one shape or form."

Cage nodded again before he slowly bowed his head. "Then I will wait too," he said. "No one will know what I figured out from this conversation."

I sunk back in my seat, relieved, and I nodded. "That is all that I ask."

And with that, I continued working, praying that what he said was true and praying that what I told him would cause my mate no harm.

I didn't know what I would do if it did.