Chapter 23- Axel's POV

Harrison cleared his throat, and I turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow in question. He handed me my suitcase, and I took it from him. "You need to keep your stuff in the bag," he said coldly, and I slowly nodded and pressed my lips into a thin line. "There might be a chance that we have to leave before we need to."

"Can I ask why?" I asked while I walked to my bed for a couple of days and set the bag down in front of it. "Or is it for the best if I don't know?"

"It'd be for the best if you didn't know," Harrison said before he cleared his throat and shifted on his feet. He gestured for me to sit on the bed that I was in front of, and I did what I was told to do and sat down while I looked at him.

He walked around the room and started to make sure that we were safe and that there was nothing there that could harm us, and I watched him, vaguely remembering him doing it at the pack we lived at for five years because he didn't want me to be on my own, for some reason.

I bit back a small sigh and slowly nodded. "Of course," I said while I shifted on my bed. "Will we be taking the girls with us if we need to leave?" I asked, and he nodded in confirmation.

"Yes," he said. "We are supposed to be looking after them."

I slowly nodded again and pressed my lips into a thin line. I watched as he finished looking around the room before he looked at me and slowly blinked with a gaze on his face that I didn't understand. "Are we safe here?" I asked while I raised an eyebrow in question, and he nodded in confirmation, setting his jaw.

"For the most part," he said before he cleared his throat and stood taller looking around the room before he looked at me again. "We will need to find the bathroom, but I am sure that we can find that later."

I bit back a small chuckle and slowly nodded, amused at his statement but understood because we were going to have to use it eventually. "Of course," I said before I leaned back against the bed and bit back a small sigh. "It would be for the best."

Harrison cleared his throat and shifted on his feet. "Are you ready to see what they are doing?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question, and I nodded in confirmation while I stood.

"Yes, Sir," I said. "I am also ready to meet the other child. She's thirteen, right?" I asked, and raised an eyebrow in question, remembering how Nila mentioned her age and name.

"Yes," Harrison said and nodded in confirmation. He started to walk toward the door and gestured for me to follow him, and I did what I was told to do and followed him. "She's thirteen, and her name is Marley. She'll be the next one to go through this," he muttered under his breath. "Her and Adler."

I furrowed my brows in confusion and worry while I stared at him, and the worry settled in the pit of my stomach and created a lump in my throat. "Her and Adler going through what?" I asked while I raised an eyebrow in question, and Harrison cursed under his breath before he cleared his throat and shook his head, grimacing.

The hair on the back of my neck stood at attention, and I stared at this Warrior Male intently, my mouth growing dry because I was worried about these children. "Harrison," I said again with a slight warning in my tone. "What happened? What is going to happen to Adler and Marley? Did this happen to my mate, and will it happen to Nila soon? Is that why we are here?"

"They will be fine and are fine," he said and shook his head again before he cleared his throat and moved a hand through his hair, grimacing slightly. "Please, don't push, Axel. It is one of those things we can not discuss, and you do not need to know" He paused and cleared his throat. "You do not need to know yet."

I bit back an annoyed sigh before I slowly nodded, relenting because I knew that he was trying to make sure that I stayed safe and not only me but those that we were sworn to protect. "Ok," I said while I pressed my lips into a thin line. "Please, know that I do not like it."