Chapter 5-Axel's POV

I leaned back in my seat a couple of hours later and flexed my hand, grimacing after I had tossed the pen that I was using onto the stack that I had beside me. My whole hand cramped while I flexed my fingers, trying to get some feeling back into it.

"I don't want to sound like a person on repeat, but I told you so," Parker said. He scowled when I looked at him and dropped the pen that he was using, too, before he rubbed his hand and grimaced. "I told you to get out of the room before you did anything."

I rolled my eyes and scowled. "Very funny, Parker," I said dryly, and he grinned innocently. I moved a hand through my hair and sighed before I shook my head. "Why are we doing this by hand again?" I asked, talking about the invitations we were filling out for Lizzie's "inauguration" as the Beta Female of the pack.

"Because that is what had been done, and it is tradition," Parker replied. He scowled and picked up his pen to write some more. "I can't believe that Harrison is allowing us to do this," he said absentmindedly, and I shrugged.

"She is the Beta Female. He understands the importance of it," I replied, even though I silently agreed with him but for a different reason. I picked up my pen and cleared my throat while I started to work again. "He said it would be good practice."

"For what?" Parker asked, and I shrugged again.

"Don't know," I replied. "I have learned not to ask questions about what he wants me to do and just go with the flow."

"And that is why we're still alive today," Parker said. "Because you stepped in and fought Alpha Davis when you knew that I wasn't thinking straight." He finished another card and placed it in a pile before he marked it off the list that we had. "How many more do we have?" he asked while he looked at his mate.

"Ummmmm...." She bit her lip and furrowed her brows while she counted the people's names that we were inviting. "We still have a thousand more," she said, and we groaned in annoyance. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "You two are wimps."

"You try doing this for three hours, and see how you like it," I said, teasingly, and she threw her pen at me. I laughed and dodged it. "I know, I know, Luna," I teased, and she scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Don't you have someone else to bug?" she asked and scowled. "Like I dunno, a kid?"

"Class, remember?" I asked. "And Mom is taking care of Paige. I think she is going to the mall with her and shopping."

Clara snorted and rolled her eyes. "Of course, she is," she muttered. "Can you toss me back the pen so that I can continue helping?" she asked. "I am surprised that you two hadn't waited until the last minute to do these."

We looked at each other and shrugged before we looked at her. "We were debating it," we said in unison, and Clara groaned in annoyance.

"Ok, I get it; you two were a couple before I stole Parker and Lizzie stole you. You don't need to rub it in my face."

I grinned and raised an eyebrow while I studied her. "Jealous?" I asked, tossing her back her pen.

"Sometimes," she admitted. She furrowed her brows and cocked her head. "Why? Isn't Lizzie jealous of the two of you or not?"

Parker and I looked at each other and shrugged before I looked at Clara.

"I don't think so," I said. "Then again, she grew up with the two of us hanging out with each other, so I think she might be used to it."

Clara shrugged and pursed her lips. "Makes sense," she replied.

"You do know the reason why we are so close to each other, right?" I asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

Clara sighed and shook her head while she rolled her eyes. "Yes," she replied. "I know why you two are so close to each other." She narrowed her eyes and scowled, teasingly. "You don't have to remind me, Axel."

I smiled and nodded. "Of course, Luna," I replied, and her scowl deepened while she flicked me off. I laughed but didn't respond when I heard a knock at the door and looked that way.

Harrison stood at the door and stared at us with amusement in his eyes. "Alpha, Luna, Beta," he said and bowed his head in respect.

"Harrison," we replied in unison, and he raised an eyebrow in amusement since we had spoken in unison.

Harrison cleared his throat and grew serious. He stood taller and placed his hands behind his back while he watched the three of us. "Can I steal Beta Axel for an hour or so, please?" he asked.

"Please," Clara begged, and Harrison raised an eyebrow while I stood and walked to his side. She leaned back in her seat and looked at me before she looked at the Lead Warrior. "Take him away for longer than an hour."

Harrison stayed silent and looked at me in question.

I shrugged, and a smile appeared on my lips. "She's jealous of Parker and me," I replied while I made it to his side. "She thinks that something is going on, which can't happen since we are both happily in love with our mates." I turned my head to my Luna and stuck my tongue, childishly, at her, and Parker snorted before he tried to cover it with a cough.

Harrison covered a chuckle by clearing his throat. "I will keep him as long as I need to, Luna," he said, bowing his head to Clara. "However, I can not control what he does or doesn't do after he leaves my sight."

Clara sighed and tossed the pen that she held in front of her before she crossed her arms and pouted. "Fine," she said and pouted further. "But that doesn't mean I don't like it."