Chapter 26- Axel's POV

My shoulders sagged in defeat before I sighed sadly and moved a hand through my hair and across my face, shaking my head and clearing my throat. "Are you talking about what I have figured out and won't allow myself to know?" I asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

"What do you mean?" Terrence asked and furrowed his brows while he looked at me, looking mildly impressed and nervous. He cocked his head and studied me, and I couldn't help but make sure to keep my face blank while I stared at him. "What have you figured out?"

I bit back a small chuckle and shook my head before I cleared my throat again, growing serious. "Will Harrison know about this?" I asked and raised an eyebrow in question. "Or is there a chance you all can make sure that he doesn't know that I have figured things out that he doesn't want me to know?"

Terrence pressed his lips into a thin line and narrowed his eyes, studying me. He didn't say a word while he stared at me, and I continued to make sure to keep my face blank while I looked at him and waited for him to answer my question.

Finally, Terrence sighed and moved a hand through his hair and across his face. He cleared his throat and shifted in his seat, the seat creaking a little. "Are you implying that you do know something, which is why you aren't surprised about me calling you "Your Majesty?"" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

I pressed my lips into a thin line before I slowly nodded. "Yes," I confirmed before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat, praying to the Moon Goddess that whatever I told him was not a mistake and would not harm my mate at all. "I am implying that I do know something."

Terrence leaned back in his seat and pressed his lips into a thin line while he waited for me to continue.

I bit back a small sigh and shook my head while I moved a hand through my hair and across my face before I looked at him with a serious look on my face. "However, I cannot and will not allow myself to think of everything that has to deal with her or the Original Twelve."

Terrence bit back a small sigh before he slowly nodded and pressed his lips into a thin line. "Do you think that you can allow yourself to think about it for now?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question. "I'll make sure that this is still under wraps for you, but I want to know what's going on so that I can help, too."

I set my jaw and hesitated before I slowly nodded, deciding that I could trust him. "Ok," I said before I cleared my throat, relenting before I shifted in my seat and cleared my throat again while I looked at him, growing serious. "I know that I am supposed to be the next king," I said bluntly. "I know that Harrison is supposed to be king for now but for some reason he isn't."

Terrence bit back a small bit back a small sigh of relief before he slowly nodded, and relief flashed through his eyes. "That is correct," he said before he cleared his throat and shifted in his seat. "You are supposed to be the next in line to the throne after Harrison passes or doesn't want to be king any longer."

I breathed a small sigh of relief when that confirmation left his lips. "Good," I said before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat some more. "I know that Harrison has powers that he has used on me multiple times before to talk with me... about something, but I do not know what or why."

Terrence slowly nodded and pressed his lips into a thinner line while he cocked his head and studied me. "Do you want to know?" Terrence asked and raised an eyebrow in question, silently asking if I wanted to know what was going on with Harrison.

I hesitated before I shook my head, biting back a small sigh. "Unfortunately, I do not," I said before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat some more, trying but failing to relieve the tension that I felt. "I know that it would be dangerous if I did."

"Bu-"

I raised my hand, silencing him, and he kept his mouth open before he closed his mouth when I didn't say a word. "Even if you do what you wanted to do, I will still have some inclination that something is going on, and I do not wish to know what that thing is."

Terrence pressed his lips into a thin line before he sighed and slowly nodded, relenting. "Ok," he said before he cleared his throat and shifted in his seat. "Is there anything else that you don't want to know but do... "know," Your Majesty?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

"Whether my mate has shifted or not," I replied instantly with a shake of my head, and I pursed my lips in annoyance before I cleared my throat and shook my head again. "I do not want to know if she did or not."

Terrence raised an eyebrow in question, and I had a feeling that he was mildly impressed that that was my answer. "Do you care either way?" he asked while he cocked his head and studied me some more.

Instantly, I shook my head no. "I do not," I said and leaned back in my seat, biting back a small sigh. "Either way, she is my mate, and she is the one that I want to be with for the rest of my life and then the next."

Terrence nodded and pressed his lips into a thin line. He furrowed his brows while he slowly nodded again. "Is there anything else, or are those the two main topics that you do not wish to cover."

I paused and thought about it before I shook my head and cleared my throat. "Those are the only two that I do not want to talk about," I said. "Everything else will be fine as long as it is safe and stays in this room."

Terrence slowly nodded and set his jaw tighter while he stared at me. "But it would be safe, Your Majesty," he said, and I raised an eyebrow in question, feeling slightly amused.

"Safe for what?" I asked and raised the eyebrow higher when he didn't finish his sentence. "What will be safe?"

Terrence hesitated before he shifted in his seat and cleared his throat. He looked down before he looked at me again, his eyes hard and grave. "If you know if your mate has shifted or not," he replied, slightly pressing me to let him tell me. "I would do everything in my power to make sure that it was safe for both you and her."

I shook my head and bit back a grim smile. "Unfortunately, I do not want to know, Terrence," I said before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat, "even if it was safe. I do not want to know."

Terrence pressed his lips into a thin line while he stared at me. Worry flashed through his eyes while he cleared his throat and shifted in his seat some more. "Bu-" He stopped talking when I raised my hand to silence him.

"No," I said and shook my head, interrupting him. "I do not want to know, Terrence. Please, Terrence. Do not continue to push and do not tell me. I. Do. Not. Want. To. Know." I bit back a small sigh before I slowly moved a hand through my hair and shook my head, clearing my throat. "When she shifts into her wolf form in front of me, or she tells me, then we can talk about it. Is that understood?"

Terrence bit back a small smile and bowed his head, the defeat leaving his eyes. "Yes, Your Majesty," he said before he cleared his throat and shifted in his seat while he lifted his head and looked at me. "Then we will not talk about it until she shifts into her wolf form in front of you or she tells you herself. You have my word."

I breathed a small sigh of relief and nodded, and my shoulders sagged with relief because I was grateful that he wasn't going to push this. "Thank you, Terrence," I said before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat. "I do appreciate that." I cleared my throat again and leaned forward in my seat and placed my arms on his legs. "Now, what are you able to tell me?"