Chapter 20- Axel's POV

"Axel," someone said and started to shake me awake, and I slowly stirred. "Wake up, we are here."

I bit back a small groan of annoyance but did what Harrison said and woke up.

I bit back another groan while I opened my eyes and looked at him, feeling slightly fuzzy with my head still slightly in the clouds. I rubbed my eyes and shook my head, trying to get that feeling away before I yawned. "We're here?" I asked groggily, and he nodded in confirmation.

"We are," he confirmed before he cleared his throat and opened the car door after he took off his seat belt. "Come, we are expected. Let's go make ourselves known and find the ones we are looking for."

"Of course," I said with a nod and opened my car door after I took off my seat belt. "Do you know their names?" I asked and raised an eyebrow while I looked at him.

"I know who they are," he said and nodded. "You will know in due time."

I bit back a small sigh before I slowly nodded. "Of course," I said and got out of the car, and Harrison followed suit. I closed the door and stayed silent before I went to the back of the car to the trunk, opened the trunk, and grabbed my bag and Harrison's bag from that trunk.

Harrison watched me take his bag from the trunk, and he nodded in thanks. He didn't say a word while I closed the trunk and watched as I walked to the front of the car before he met me there.

He gestured for me to follow him, and I set my jaw but did what I was told to do and started to follow him to the house.

I gripped the bags tighter while I looked around to make sure that we were safe, and my whole body was tense for some reason.

We were not in a safe place...

Harrison seemed to know what I was feeling and slowly nodded. "That is why I want you to stay close to me and not say a word to anyone unless I deem them safe," Harrison said, his voice barely above a whisper. "A few people will be safe for you to talk to, but not all. Is that understood?"

I didn't respond and nodded, silently indicating that I understood and would listen to what he wanted to do.

Even though I was the B-

I stopped that thought before I could finish it and shook my head while I pursed my lips in annoyance.

Harrison was better prepared for this type of stuff...

He is doing this to protect the kids, my mate, and me...

Harrison glanced at me from the corner of his eye and raised an eyebrow in question, and it looked like he knew that I was starting to fight with myself for some reason.

I bit back a small sigh while I shook my head, silently indicating that it was nothing and that I was ok.

Harrison narrowed his eyes and scowled before he slowly nodded, even though I could tell that he didn't believe me. He didn't say a word and turned his attention back to the way we were going, noticing that no one was around to greet us.

My whole body grew tense, and I grabbed the bags tighter when I noticed how quiet it was, and Harrison slowly nodded, silently indicating that he saw it was quiet as well.

Still, he didn't say a word when he stopped at the door and knocked on it, and we waited for someone to open it and let us in or to get us to where we were supposed to be.

Harrison backed away from the door after he finished knocking and placed his hands behind his back, clasping them together. His whole body was tense while he watched the door, waiting for someone to open it, his heart beating softly in his chest.