The Exile

"Well in that case the good news is she isn't dead, none of them are"

"What?"

"Yeah I met her in the school parking lot when I was trying to skip school, I mean she looked absolutely downright horrible, but she was alive"

"I feel like the bad news is going to be something worse"

"If you can call it that, she... got scared when I said her name. Not only that but when I went home I found her deleted post and her burner account. Apparently, something was following her like something was following her"

"So she knew"

"Not only did she know, but she also left a bunch of posts leading up to the day she vanished without a trace. See" Jamiie said pointing to the screen

"So, she knew something was after her, why didn't she leave?"

"She tried but it was like it knew that she was trying to leave and would stop her"

"Well that crosses off me driving like a maniac out of here and would explain why every time I tried something went wrong"

"Yeah me too" Jamiie muttered under her breath remembering the time she thought about running away the first day the truck was gifted to her but then suddenly the tires were flat.

"Wait, you go to a high school nearby, right?

"Yeah, I'm surprised with all of the weird things we haven't run into each other sooner"

"No we've run into each other I've seen you, but you don't see me"

"Really? I mean it sounds like me, do we have any classes together"

"History and creative writing"

"Hmm the only classes I sleep in, but looking at her deleted post makes me wonder about so many things."

"Yeah, reading that only gives me even more questions. Why was it following her? Where did it take her?"

"Maybe if we know more about the people who were taken, we would have a better chance of understanding it"

"But I've already tried that"

"Look over it again maybe we can see something that we missed"

Maxie let out a sigh and took a seat next to her, looking at the old computer contemplating as Jamiie eyes locked in on the screen typing away. He then began to think about a specific post on Regina's deleted blog.

"They are raising us like cattle"

Although that wasn't much to go on, it was enough to make him start pondering over that few weeks. He started typing and researching the people that used to live here. For what seemed like hours he found a scrapped post of someone claiming to have found an old book.

It was dated a few years ago with the front of it titled "𝕰𝖝𝖎𝖑𝖊".

He started looking up books about exile and what that even meant and found a website containing lost books, it was thousands of books stored that were resumed lost or destroyed. Then he found it, the thing titled "exile". Just looking at it made him wonder if looking through it was a good idea.

As Maxie's fingers lay upon the mouse questioning if he should click, looking further into this book that looked as if it was only being held together by faith. Staring at the screen covered in dust and withered by the time "break the bond mended by the time" one part of him wondered if he should say something to the girl he just met.

Another part of him pushed it down and he looked further into it. It had ingredients that were clearly written in a dead language or blended into the page.