A Desperate Escape

Her body was in pain, mentally and physically and it was clear she was gone. Jamiie didn't know where but she was gone, her hands gripped the steering wheel until she thought her hands were going to snap off, and her jaw was clenched. 

It was scary how fast her emotions shifted from sadness and despair into pure anger, but not just any anger. Not the type that boils over and you can feel it in every part of your body. 

No this was pure rage, where your body has been pushed beyond the limit trying your hardest for something only for it to crumble at your fingertips like ash, right in front of your very eyes.

Imagine being stuck in darkness your whole life begging for light before you could even talk and just when you think you have a chance, you do everything in your power to make it possible, you work yourself so close to the brink of death and throw away your life for this possibility just to have it fall through.

Imagine that.

Imagine driving yourself insane over it.

She grabbed her phone and started redailing, she had that same look on her as before, the look of determination, her feet were not letting up on the gas pedal and it felt like she was thinking of something.

"What is she doing? Is she leaving?" Jamiie thought to herself watching Regina drive as if she was trying to do something, she had no plan and no idea where she was going. 

She kept redialing and redialing before she realized it would just keep going straight to voicemail. While she was driving the sun started to get covered with clouds and the street started to get covered in fog and panic started to spread across her face. Her feet pressed even harder on the gas pedal

85

86

87

The more she drove the worse the fog got, she turned on her lights and that didn't do anything. She drove to a part where not even Jamiie knew where she was going, it was like a neverending street with trees on each side. 

The sound of the engine was the only thing keeping her sanity intact.

88

89

90

91

There was a point where the road itself looked like it was torn to pieces, the small hairline cracks turned into potholes that caused the entire car to jump and turn into driving on pure rocks. But then just in the distance, just under the thick fog, was a sign saying "now leaving sunville".

92

93

Jamiie felt nauseous, a sick grim feeling creeping up her throat and threatening to spill through her teeth. If she was awake and not in this coma-like state she was almost certain she would have vomited. 

Although every bit of her being was screaming and hoping she makes it, she knows she won't. All she could see were flashbacks to the parking lot that day and how inhuman she looked.

Then, right before she could even make it to the sign her car started turning itself off, she just started to let it coast. Her hands were on the steering wheel ten and two and her eyes were locked in fully preparing for whatever the creature would pull on her. 

Even though her car shut itself off and the road looked as if it was no longer a road anymore and was shaking the car so violently Jamiie was sure if she didn't have a seat belt on she would have been flung out of the window.

Jamiie was on the edge of her seat, watching as the sign slowly got closer and closer. Waiting for something to stop her.

"Regina" a voice calls for her, sounding so light and airy, sounding as if it was right behind her, but Regina knew not to look.

"Don't look, please you're almost there. Don't look" Jamiie pleaded

"Regina," the voice says but this was a different voice, it sounded like It sounds like a voice It sounded familiar,

"Regina please turn around," the voice said and Jamie could see her head twitch almost as if she was contemplating turning around. 

As a sign was getting closer and closer the boys started getting more desperate turn from begging and crying and screaming almost as it did in the forest you could see it in her expression that she wants so badly to turn around to just look behind her and see it was someone she knew. 

But then the voice did something that Jamie knew it was going to do voice, the voice said Regina's name again but this time the voice Kaylee

"Regina" it spoke out, and it. Before Jamie even had a chance to realize what was going on it was over. Regina turned around. It was in her backseat the creature that was haunting her all this time while sitting in her backseat looking at her with those dead eyes.

 Her face turned to pure horror and then he turned to nothing at all. It was like she was stuck in a trance her eyes began to roll to the back of her head as the creatures that.

As the long Dead Hand touched her face, dragging its long silver nails over her face, it smiled. It was a horrible terrible defeat but it still did not answer Jamie's question

"What caused her to be like that in the parking lot? To make you afraid of your name? maybe that's what you were trying to forget the fact that she was betrayed by her own friend The person she was supposed to leave with" Jamiie thought to herself trying to reason with what she just saw

"There has to be a connection between this and what I saw in the parking lot," Jamiie thought to herself

_______________

950 words