Chapter 5: The dinner.

ALORA

The door opened with a thud and as we entered the dining room, all my anger and confidence faded away. It's a huge one. They must have had a lot of money to build every room this size. 

Every single person who was present in the room turned towards me, and I regretted the decision to have dinner with them. 

I think all the members of the Mafia were present there. They all are dressed in black suits, sitting side by side with one another. 

Then I realised that the boss was also in a suit but not the two boys I met earlier. They were wearing sweatpants and shirts. Well, there is only one boy I didn't meet who was sitting on the left side of the boss. He seems to be a few years older than me.

These four must be his close ones.

The boss is sitting in the head seat, those two boys I met earlier were seated on his right and the new boy was seated on his left. There were only two seats that were empty from the new boy. I guess that's for the two of us. 

"Come on." The calm boy gestures towards the table. 

I stepped towards them, taking a seat beside the new boy. God... I think I have to ask for everyone's name to not get confused over all the boys. Because there are no women or girls. 

And all of them, including the boss and the four knights, are very young. As for other men, some of them seem to be in their mid-twenties and some are in their early thirties. 

Galen took a seat beside me and when I sat down on my seat I turned to see the faces that were already in my direction.

It was very awkward for me to be present in the middle of so many people. Sorry, so many boys.

Why are they still looking at me like I am some new creature that just found on Earth? 

I released a sigh, thinking about doing the most foolish thing I had ever done. I stood up in my seat to view everyone at once because of my height. 

Now I can sense that everyone is shocked by me. Then I started my speech.

"Hello everyone. My name is Alora Gray and I just arrived here today. Well, I did not arrive by myself. Your boss kidnapped me and took me here. It wasn't my plan to come into the mafia and join your team because I don't even wanna stay here. That's why I was trying to escape when they were taking me here. But unfortunately, my plan failed and this boy..." I said all this in one breath and pointed at the boss while continuing "...he kidnapped me by using chloroform on me. Please don't hate me because I also don't hate any of you. Because I don't even know if I will be alive by tomorrow or not. Thank you." 

After finishing my little speech, I didn't bother to wait for their reactions, instead, I climbed down and got seated.

I turned my head to the new boy from my right and asked him nervously "Was it good?" 

He shook his head with his mouth wide open and when I thought that maybe I did something wrong, I kept my head down and closed my eyes. 

"It was amazing." 

I opened my eyes and turned to face him. 

"Really?" I asked again to confirm if I heard him right.

"Yeah! It was AMAZING!" He grinned like a child. 

A smile automatically formed on my face. Then suddenly I heard all the men whispering to each other. 

Someone said, "Wow! She is so cool." 

The other one said, "I think she is kinda cute." 

When another one replied to him, "She is damn cute. No one has ever dared to say something like this in front of our boss." 

Boss? Oh, boss! I forgot that he was also present and I just blamed him for kidnapping me. 

He did kidnap me but I just said it in front of everybody.

"Everyone!" The boss yelled at all of us, making us. 

Galen leaned over to me and whispered, "Alora… you just did an impossible thing, that's why Enzo is jealous of you." 

I chuckled at his words. Maybe he is a good person. Maybe they are all good people.

"Hey!" The new boy called me. 

I turned to look at him but my eyes fell on the boss. He was already gazing at me, so I tried not to meet his gaze.

"My name is Max."

"Hii! I am Alora." I shrugged lightly.

"Do you wanna switch seats? Enzo has something to discuss with you." 

My eyes widened with shock and fear. I tilted my head a little to see the boss's face and he tilted his head at me. I gasped at his scary look and hid by the new boy's side. 

"No! Please no! He will kill me. Please don't switch places, please." 

"Hey! It's okay. He only shows people his cold side while in reality, he is a good-hearted person." 

Maybe I should act bravely and not be a coward. Okay, Alora... you can do it.

"I am scared but it's okay I can protect myself." I released a nervous sigh and got off my seat to take Max's.

"What happened? Where are you going?" Galen asked with concern.

"He wants me to sit beside him." I pointed to that bossy monster.

As I took the seat and got comfortable, a sense of dark gaze filled me.

When I turned my face, he was still gazing at me. I gave him a nervous smile.

"Hii!"

     ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆