Chapter 6: Obey my words.

ENZO

"Hii!" The trouble said, showing me a nervous smile.

What? Isn't she scared of me? How could she stand up on her chair and give a speech about... me kidnapping her and her being innocent? And didn't she realize at all what she is wearing right now? This girl is a trouble for us.

What's wrong with my men is that all of them are calling her cute. I agree that the trouble is pretty but they are overreacting to her.

"Enzo!" Carlo called my name, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I told you she-"

"Non! Non osare dire una parola!" It was a warning, but I kept it in low tones.
(Don't! Don't you DARE say a word!)

When he kept quiet, I turned to that trouble to get any hint if she understood Italian or not, so that we could easily discuss our work in front of her.

She looked at me with widened but nervous eyes. Does it mean that she understood whatever I said? But then she turned her head away from me and started talking to Max.

To get confirmation, I started to speak some words in front of her, but in a low voice so that only she could hear.

"Ciao nemico," I said.
(Hey enemy.)

Nothing.

"Sei pazzo?" I asked my first question as a trial to see her reaction to my words.
(Are you crazy?)

No sign of understanding. She didn't even turn towards me. So, I decided to say something to provoke her.

"Ricorda, qui è il mio desiderio, quindi dovrai anche accettare tutto ciò che dico."
(Remember, here is my wish. So you will also have to accept everything that I say.)

Still no reaction. This time I thought of speaking English.

"Do you hear what I am saying?" I asked her in a low voice but I guess it came out loud. She immediately turned to me along with the four boys as they were seated close to us.

"Pardon me. Did you say something?" She looked genuinely confused.

I first quickly gave a confirmation signal to Carlo that she doesn't understand Italian. He nodded and further informed the rest of the three.

Then I faced that trouble, she was already looking at me like a puppy. Abandoned, scared... Wait- scared?

No way. One thing I got clear is that she is not scared of us. She is just pretending to be scared.

"So, after what you did just a few minutes ago, you're acting to be scared of me?"

She stayed silent for a moment, then huffed a little.

"Nothing will happen to a stubborn and spoiled girl like you, that's why I want you to start practicing from tomorrow to know what you are capable of so that you can be of some use." I can't tolerate her like this. If she wants to stay here, she will have to obey my every word.

She bowed her head and began to mumble, "I am not stubborn nor am I spoiled. You don't know anything about me."

"If you are not, then don't act like one."

I calm myself down and catch my breath. Then I asked her again but this time even more calmly.

"Why did you come here like this?" I pointed to my shirt which she was wearing. Even though my shirt was a lot bigger than her height, and by the length it was still above her knees.

"If it bothers you, then you should have left something for me to wear. Or just wait for my permission to change. You have no right to change a girl without her permission."